GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Flyers at Penguins, Wednesday April 15, 7pm ET

+6
shabbs
The Silfer Server
caissie_1
SensFan71
PTFlea
davetherave
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

does OV penalty Kill??? if not i might give an edge to malkin but i like crosby the least out of all of them

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:does OV penalty Kill??? if not i might give an edge to malkin but i like crosby the least out of all of them

OV is awful defensively. Just awful. He hangs around at centre-ice waiting for a pass. Also, he led the league in give-aways.

Malkin, on the other hand, led the league in take-aways.

People hate on Crosby I think because the league needed someone to market and he seemed the natural fit. He's been forced down our throats. His whining is irritating as well.

That said, he is an absolutely incredible hockey player, and a joy to watch.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

i just got tired of hearing about him forever being from the east coast crosby is all i ever heard about for years before he was drafted

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Also, Jordan Staal is an absolute beast. Even if he doesn't have high offensive potential, he's having a huge impact on this game. Tyler Kennedy looks good (in style of play only) as well.

People Dung on J.Staal a lot, but he's a big, big dude out there - and he opens up a ton of space.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i always thought j stall was a good player i never understood why people didnt seem to like him

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

4-0 pitt i thought philly would have had some better fight in them

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

at least philly gets one

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:after watching the caps game this one seems much more mild i think the caps game is the game of the night philly and pitt seem to not be fighting as hard as the other game

Ha ha, well, picking a TGON is pretty tough... Ahhhhh!

Anyway, did ANYBODY expect the Penguins to utterly dominate the Flyers--as they did tonight?

The Penguins were focused, disciplined, opportunistic and ruthless. Sid's goal crashing the net set the tone.

They didn't give the Flyers any quality chances--while the Flyers gave up too many.

And if Philadelphia thought they might intimidate the Pingus? Fuggiddabouddit.

John Stevens looked worried, and justifiably so. His team was defensively sloppy--HORRIBLE giveaway by Knuble leading to Malkin's goal...they took dumb penalties...and--Marty Biron was weak at critical moments.

Philly will have to get their cheezit together, or the Pens will march all over them.

Can't wait for Game Two.

:##: :##:

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

you hit it on the head there dave philly looked awful apparently someone forgot to tell them it was the playoffs... for their sakes hopefully they come out on fire in game two and make it an entertaining game.....i wasnt taking a shot either i know you cant always be right dave but i thought i would point out to people that the caps game was much more entertaining

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:you hit it on the head there dave philly looked awful apparently someone forgot to tell them it was the playoffs... for their sakes hopefully they come out on fire in game two and make it an entertaining game.....i wasnt taking a shot either i know you cant always be right dave but i thought i would point out to people that the caps game was much more entertaining

Hockey Hero, no question the Caps-Rangers was more entertaining...but what the hell...ya gotta pick one LOL

Don't worry...the Flyers will be revved up for the next one...

...but I gotta say the Pens look strong right across the board. Bylsma's done an outstanding job with them, and Shero picking up Kunitz and Guerin was brilliant...

Rock and Roll!!!!
:%%:

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

now for st louis and vancouver

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Bill Guerin's a great addition for them. Loved him fighting Coburn even when the game was over.

I'm not a huge fan of the Pens' D, and Fleury will have to hold up, but the Pens have to be considered one of the contenders for the East under Bylsma.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Bill Guerin's a great addition for them. Loved him fighting Coburn even when the game was over.

I'm not a huge fan of the Pens' D, and Fleury will have to hold up, but the Pens have to be considered one of the contenders for the East under Bylsma.

As always ASQ, well said...

I'm dialing in to the Blues-Nucks tilt...catch you on the flip side... :D:

Great start to the playoffs!!!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Geez, as much as I'm not a huge fan of Whiny Crosby and his flightless birds, after watching last night's opening tilt between these supposed bitter-rivals, it's obvious who wanted the Win last night more...

When Tyler Kennedy looks good, you know the opposing team is playing BAD!

Here's hoping the Flyers get a nice motivational/Arse-chewing from Stevens and come out FLYING next game. (pardon the pun). LOL

As for the Caps/Rangers game, man, I was chewing my nails down to the quick at times... What a game!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Geez, as much as I'm not a huge fan of Whiny Crosby and his flightless birds, after watching last night's opening tilt between these supposed bitter-rivals, it's obvious who wanted the Win last night more...

When Tyler Kennedy looks good, you know the opposing team is playing BAD!

Here's hoping the Flyers get a nice motivational/Arse-chewing from Stevens and come out FLYING next game. (pardon the pun). LOL

As for the Caps/Rangers game, man, I was chewing my nails down to the quick at times... What a game!

Like I said...Philly has issues on D...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Philadelphia had a lot of things not go their way last night...quite an unlucky game for them. But, you know the adage, you work hard to create the bounces you need to win...and unfortunately, as much bad luck as they had, they didn't really do much to deserve to be in the game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Bill Guerin's a great addition for them. Loved him fighting Coburn even when the game was over.

Is that possible for 4 rounds? Is it possible for 2?

Was last year an enigma? Questions abound. Ahhhhh!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Is that possible for 4 rounds? Is it possible for 2?

Was last year an enigma? Questions abound. Ahhhhh!

I don't think the Penguins hold a candle to the Bruins unfortunately.

It seems once again, that the eastern conference has one very good team that will steam roll it's way to the finals, and the west has 8 teams that could make it to the finals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum