GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

MacT fired as coach of Oilers

+7
SensFan71
Cronie
SensGirl11
shabbs
davetherave
caissie_1
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=275142

2MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can take Souray off the block - apparently he didn't like him in the least.

3MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:12 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

A good coach but I believe his time had comme in Oiler country!

4MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:14 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Sorry to read this, but not surprised.

I guess having your big boss send text messages to the media saying your job's not on the line doesn't count for much.

5MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

'Twas expected.

6MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:35 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Totally off topic but about MacT.
Someone just told me this, I had no idea..

Did you know about this?

1984: Craig MacTavish leaves a nightclub intoxicated and kills a woman. He pleads guilty to vehicular homicide and spends a year in jail.

How did he only get 1 year?

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/12-18-2003-48726.asp

7MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

he got one year, and had to do 2-3 years probation I believe...

Or was it he was released early, as I seem to recall hearing or reading he was supposed to serve 18-24 months or so...

8MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:43 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Totally off topic but about MacT.
Someone just told me this, I had no idea..

Did you know about this?

This tragedy goes back a quarter century, so it may be worth reviewing the facts.

From Wiki on MacTavish:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_MacTavish

Manslaughter conviction

MacTavish missed the 1984–85 season after being convicted of vehicular homicide, having struck and killed a young woman while he was driving under the influence of alcohol.

MacTavish pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide and driving under the influence of alcohol in an accident the night of January 25, 1984 in Peabody, Massachusetts.

Kim Radley, 26, of West Newfield, Maine, died four days later of injuries sustained in the crash.

MacTavish spent a year in jail as punishment for this offence. While incarcerated, he watched most of the games that were televised.

After MacTavish was released from prison, the Bruins offered to let him out of his contract. MacTavish accepted.

9MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:54 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:'Twas expected.

oh yeah, saw this one coming from a million squared miles away.

10MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if he gets an NHL job, or if he lands in the A

11MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah i think it was a good move ... new blood on the bench would do good over there ...

12MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:Yeah i think it was a good move ... new blood on the bench would do good over there ...

Absolutely.

13MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:39 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Pat Quinn up next?

14MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

there is a lot of options out there maybe quinn but it isnt as much of a rush to get as a gm for colorado

15MacT fired as coach of Oilers Empty Re: MacT fired as coach of Oilers Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:41 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:Pat Quinn up next?

Why not! He's good with the young guys and would be a good fit in Edmonton.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum