GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lindy Ruff named Head Coach for Team Canada

+3
davetherave
caissie_1
shabbs
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting appointments...

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=274782

Ruff - Head Coach
Trotz and Tippett - Assistant Coaches

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Solid trio of coache's.. Canada should do well as always in this tourny.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Interesting appointments...

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=274782

Ruff - Head Coach
Trotz and Tippett - Assistant Coaches

All excellent coaches, especially Ruff and Trotz, who know 'how to do more with less'...

The roster should be interesting as well...

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder how many of Sens will be on. Heahtly is a lock and my guess is Spezza will be there also. Anybody else. Phillips? Kelly?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:Solid trio of coache's.. Canada should do well as always in this tourny.

Only if Washington and Pittsburg are not eliminated early :D:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:Solid trio of coache's.. Canada should do well as always in this tourny.

Not to mention Detroit.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:

Not to mention Detroit.

Even then we will still be a gold medal treath.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canada just has more top-level players, period. If Pens get eliminated then Russia gets Malkin but we get Crosby. And if the Caps are eliminated they get Ovechkin and we get Green. And so it goes.

Now, Detroit is just weird. All their Canadians are (mostly) pluggers and character players. Weird. I'm beginning to hate them already Smile

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Getzlaf Nash and Heater Doan etc lost last year against Russia who only had Ovechkin and Kovalchuk IIRC. TAlent doesnt win you championship, I thought Olympics 2006 is a pretty good example.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Canada just has more top-level players, period. If Pens get eliminated then Russia gets Malkin but we get Crosby. And if the Caps are eliminated they get Ovechkin and we get Green. And so it goes.

Now, Detroit is just weird. All their Canadians are (mostly) pluggers and character players. Weird. I'm beginning to hate them already Smile

Gonchar and Malkin v Crosby

Backstrom, Ovechkin, Semin, Fedorov, v. Green

Not an even trade IMO.

But yeah, nothing like Detroit.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I'm not really sure why Quinn didn't get the nod. He did well at the juniors. I thought the job would be his to lose. I would prefer him over Ruff any day.

So is there any word on the players, yet?

We can expect Roy, Doan, Heatley, St. Louis, Jovo, Weber, Bouwmeester, Gagner, Burns, maybe Horcoff and Spezza...

Who else would you think will get the initial call?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I would give the young gunz the opportunity. Doughty, Bogosian, Little, Weiss, Stamkos...
Maybe Philips, Souray...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Canada just has more top-level players, period. If Pens get eliminated then Russia gets Malkin but we get Crosby. And if the Caps are eliminated they get Ovechkin and we get Green. And so it goes.

Gonchar and Malkin v Crosby

Backstrom, Ovechkin, Semin, Fedorov, v. Green

Not an even trade IMO.

But yeah, nothing like Detroit.

They still mostly get to play five on five. And I was only looking for a single-opponent, so it would only be Backstrom against Green, or Ovechkin, Semin, Fedorov against Green (in which case I'd have to even the odds a bit by adding, oh I dunno, Heatley, Getzlaf, Nash).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum