GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers

+5
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
asq2
davetherave
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who was the Flyers player with the biggest impact on the franchise

TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_lcap244%TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_rcap2 44% [ 8 ]
TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_lcap26%TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_lcap20%TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_lcap20%TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_lcap211%TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_lcap217%TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_lcap211%TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:45 pm

IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT'SSSSSSSSSSSS BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK Scared

After a slight hiatus, I present
"That Guy With the Mustache's Best of Franchise Series- Philadelphia Flyers"

My choice is Bobby Clarke. Not only was he their(arguably) best player on the ice, he was also a major part of the franchise off the ice. Parent was my second choice.

2TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:50 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Bernie Parent...IMHO one of the finest goalies to play the game.

3TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:58 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Man was that ever a long title. :^^^^:

What happened to the "Dusty" nickname?

4TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 pm

asq2 wrote:Man was that ever a long title. :^^^^:

What happened to the "Dusty" nickname?
Never really took off for what ever reason Ahhhhh!

I decided i needed to finish what i started. only 8 more i drink think.

5TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:16 pm

The last one of these was January 19th :****:

6TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Clarke, both the good and the bad.

7TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:31 pm

wprager wrote:Clarke, both the good and the bad.
Probably one of the nastiest S.O.B.s I've ever seen, in the body of an accountant.

8TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My accountant has all his teeth, still.

9TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had to go with Clarke because not only did he have an impact as a player but he also had a major impact as their GM.

- Unknown Author

10TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:23 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I went against the grain a bit, I picked Ron Hextall, he personifies in my opinion the tough team that Philly was always billed to be, and yes, bobby clarke might have been a bit more nasty than Hextall, but Hextall was a goalie, not exactly a position for a guy to be an enforcer, but man, he was, plus was the first goalie to score an NHL goal.

11TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:56 am

I voted other because if you know anything about Pelle Lindbergh and the story behind him and the franchise, todays Flyers still draw inspiration and speak of Pelle daily.

This is one of many great reads on Pelle.
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=396132&page=NewsPage&service=page

Warning***Google his name and you may start to like the Flyers.

12TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:10 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I voted for Hextall...mainly because I have no clue who 95% of the other guys are...

13TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:14 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Clarke has had a huge impact on the franchise so I went with him! Player and GM wise!

14TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:22 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

While I agree Clark has made his mark on the franchise, no one is more memorable than Ron Hextall. Solid goalie with a wicked bad temper. I would have loved to see him play in person

15TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Empty Re: TGWTMBOFS- Philadelphia Flyers Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:28 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:While I agree Clark has made his mark on the franchise, no one is more memorable than Ron Hextall. Solid goalie with a wicked bad temper. I would have loved to see him play in person

on the same token, would never want to stand in his crease though lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum