GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nostalgia... Remember when?!

+4
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SensFan71
Cronie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:40 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey guys,

I couldn't help but post this, as I've been getting a slew of hilarious forwards and emails over the past couple days, and this one just brought me back. I'm practically still crying from laughing so hard!

Hemlock, I think you'll love this too!

2Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:42 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

damn work restrictions, can't Diddle see what you posted lol.

3Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That can't be real!

SF71, it's a diet pepsi ad. At a wedding dinner/dance the DJ starts playing Money Money and some idiot starts dancing solo using very profane (bleeped out) language. The bride and groom, an older couple on the dance floor, and a little flower girl are all shocked. Then the caption says "There's a better way to feel young".

Bleeped out or not I can't believe Pepsico would want that ad, nor could I see it playing on, say, NBC in prime time.

4Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:That can't be real!

SF71, it's a diet pepsi ad. At a wedding dinner/dance the DJ starts playing Money Money and some idiot starts dancing solo using very profane (bleeped out) language. The bride and groom, an older couple on the dance floor, and a little flower girl are all shocked. Then the caption says "There's a better way to feel young".

Bleeped out or not I can't believe Pepsico would want that ad, nor could I see it playing on, say, NBC in prime time.

that is quite a bit over the line, sheesh, what is pepsi thinking?

5Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:50 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, I have a warped sense of humor, and having grown up in the 80's, I don't know too many people my age who don't hear Billy Idol's cover of Mony Mony who don't do the ad-libed parts! LOL

I don't think this ad ran in NA to be honest, or if it did, it was late night ads, like those "Pick up the phone!! I'm all alone' ads you see during South Park or whatever...

6Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I definitely saw that Ad on TV but don't ask me when or where.

- Unknown Author

7Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Well, I have a warped sense of humor, and having grown up in the 80's, I don't know too many people my age who don't hear Billy Idol's cover of Mony Mony who don't do the ad-libed parts! LOL

I don't think this ad ran in NA to be honest, or if it did, it was late night ads, like those "Pick up the phone!! I'm all alone' ads you see during South Park or whatever...

oh god, you brought the damn cheesy memories of the girls dancing by the fence....Pick up the phone....my ears are burning.

8Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's so very Old School - reminds of The Dan Band's version of Total Eclipse.

9Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
Cronie wrote:Well, I have a warped sense of humor, and having grown up in the 80's, I don't know too many people my age who don't hear Billy Idol's cover of Mony Mony who don't do the ad-libed parts! LOL

oh god, you brought the damn cheesy memories of the girls dancing by the fence....Pick up the phone....my ears are burning.

I looked around. Apparently it ran during the Colbert Report. But even late at night, it probably ran once.

10Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:40 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I looked around. Apparently it ran during the Colbert Report. But even late at night, it probably ran once.

so it still has been running recently? sheesh, figured that one was dead and buried, but I bet you could youtube it and find it.

11Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I always thought the ad-libbed parts were gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Get me a video of a wedding dance with some Frozen Ghost playing. Now that's nostalgia!!!

12Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

FROZEN GHOST!!! That's awesome dude...

Geez, whatever happened to them? And Sheriff? And that Alias band? LOL

EDIT: man, a buddy of mine and I were just laughing about generational gaps. We're both so old we remember having to wait around all week until THURSDAY afternoons to watch music videos hosted by the overfed Dan Gallagher "Video Hits", cuz MuchMusic wasn't even heard of yet... Ah, the memories... LOL

13Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Like some comic's one-liner when he came to Montreal's Comedy Festival: "I want to know what happened to Loverboy and I'm not leaving until I find out".

14Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I always liked Gallagher. Got a good vibe from him. He had some real heartfelt tributes from his peers when he passed away.

Video Hits -> Samantha "Sam" Taylor
Good Rockin' Tonite -> Terry David Mulligan, Stu Jeffries

The golden years.

15Nostalgia...  Remember when?! Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone old enough to remember Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, and I don't mean Paul Schaeffer's impressions on SNL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum