GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brendan Bell, good chance to play for Sens?

+3
Sp00nz
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Here's the article from the Ottawa Sun this morning.

At the end of the article, they've also announced that there will be no games broadcasted on A-Channel this year.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/08/28/6593911-sun.html

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Here's the article from the Ottawa Sun this morning.

At the end of the article, they've also announced that there will be no games broadcasted on A-Channel this year.

[url=http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/08/28/6593911-sun.html
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/08/28/6593911-sun.html[/quote[/url]]

As long as we get the same number of games or more broadcast on TV I don't have a problem with it which I'm confident is the case. I'm very happy to hear that because I hated watching games on A Channel as the picture was horrendous.

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

[quote="Cap'n' Clutch"]

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/08/28/6593911-sun.html[/quote]

As long as we get the same number of games or more broadcast on TV I don't have a problem with it which I'm confident is the case. I'm very happy to hear that because I hated watching games on A Channel as the picture was horrendous.

I agree, as long as we see as many games, I'm okay with that. I liked the fact that we had a local station playing the games, but as you said, the picture was just awful. At least Sportsnet has it in HD. 8)

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

[quote="SensGirl11"]
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/08/28/6593911-sun.html[/quote]

I agree, as long as we see as many games, I'm okay with that. I liked the fact that we had a local station playing the games, but as you said, the picture was just awful. At least Sportsnet has it in HD. 8)

The only thing I'll miss is the hideous post game show with awkward hosts. Watching Lee Versage's douchebaggery on tv was always highly amusing in a sorta painful way.

Was it outside of the A-Channel's budget to have a table more than a metre long?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I like the fact that we are creating competition for several roster spots this year. Something, I believe, we lacked last year, and perhaps it started showing with guys becoming too complacent with their roles and positions.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

PKC wrote:I like the fact that we are creating competition for several roster spots this year. Something, I believe, we lacked last year, and perhaps it started showing with guys becoming too complacent with their roles and positions.

I completely agree. I think that our pre-season should be very exciting and competitve. Let's see who really wants to play and make the team. There are a lot of guys that have a chance, and very few spots available. Should make it very, very interesting.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I totally agree PFK and SG11. When I write that way I think Stargate SG11 instead of 1. Anyway I think it's great that even a guy like Bass has to fight for a spot and isn't a lock for the team this season. I'm excited to see what Vermette can do with a season at top six with quality PP minutes as well.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Vermette can hit the 60+ point mark with 25+ goals? Would be nice, would give us a legitimate reason to stick Alfie on the second line with him and Fisher, possibly.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Maybe Vermette can hit the 60+ point mark with 25+ goals? Would be nice, would give us a legitimate reason to stick Alfie on the second line with him and Fisher, possibly.

Your projections look good to me. Dobber has him penciled in for 25 G / 59 P with an outside chance of hitting 70 P. And, as I've said before, in Dobber I trust on these matters.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:Maybe Vermette can hit the 60+ point mark with 25+ goals? Would be nice, would give us a legitimate reason to stick Alfie on the second line with him and Fisher, possibly.

Your projections look good to me. Dobber has him penciled in for 25 G / 59 P with an outside chance of hitting 70 P. And, as I've said before, in Dobber I trust on these matters.

That would be sweet man.

Who did he play with down the stretch in April when he had 5 points in 3 games?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

That would be sweet man.

Who did he play with down the stretch in April when he had 5 points in 3 games?

Stillman and Foligno, no?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Oh Stillman! Why did he have to go?! Sad They did have sweet chemistry together those two.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Murray should've tried harder to retain him, how much did he get again? 3.75? I know Murray was really hard after Campbell at that point, but man, I'm sure he could've worked something out to keep him..

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:Murray should've tried harder to retain him, how much did he get again? 3.75? I know Murray was really hard after Campbell at that point, but man, I'm sure he could've worked something out to keep him..
Stillman wasn't all that impressive to be honest. He looked decent because we all sucked. He did nothing on the point and certainly isn't worth what he got.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Murray should've tried harder to retain him, how much did he get again? 3.75? I know Murray was really hard after Campbell at that point, but man, I'm sure he could've worked something out to keep him..

I hear you. I was really, really disappointed to see him go to FLA of all places, where he'll never see the playoffs for full 3 years of his contract.

I was optimistic we could sign him. He was saying the right things, and he seemed to mesh so well with Vermette. He was a great guy to have around, too, on the PP; his ability to play point would have been invaluable to us this year.

It unfortunately looks like he just took the money and ran, tho'. FLA gave him $11 mil over 3 years. We would have been hard-pressed to give him better than $5 mil over 2 years, or maybe $8 mil over 3 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum