GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brooks Tears Into Redden and the Rangers

+5
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
PKC
asq2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Seriously, people think that teams like Chicago, Boston, Detroit are in trouble... NYR is def in the worst shape of any team, not to mention their top prospect passed away, and as tragic as that is, they have nothing coming up in the system because of it.

NYR IMO will have another 4 or 5 year run of missing the playoffs after this year.
I wouldn't say that. Asaminov(sp?) and Korpinski(sp?) could be good players, plus obviously sanguenetti(sp?) and Del Zotto(I can spell that). they don't have the greatest prospects, but they aren't the worst.

I would say for the most part that the prospects in NYR's system are pretty thin. None of those guys are going to come in make a huge difference at any point. Del Zotto prob wont be in the show for at least 3 years IMO.

The Rangers are just in terrible shape.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Hey, Wade had assists on both Ranger goals.

But they lost 5-2.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Seriously, people think that teams like Chicago, Boston, Detroit are in trouble... NYR is def in the worst shape of any team, not to mention their top prospect passed away, and as tragic as that is, they have nothing coming up in the system because of it.

NYR IMO will have another 4 or 5 year run of missing the playoffs after this year.
I wouldn't say that. Asaminov(sp?) and Korpinski(sp?) could be good players, plus obviously sanguenetti(sp?) and Del Zotto(I can spell that). they don't have the greatest prospects, but they aren't the worst.

Don't forget Evgeny Grachev.

I was reading an article on the guy a couple of years ago. I'm astonished he went as low as he did. Should have been a first-rounder.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

They good news for the Rags is that they have a superstar goaltender to build around, a young stud defenceman in Marc Staal and a young stud forward in Nikolai Zherdev. Brandon Dubinsky should be a good player as well.

The bad news: Redden, Rozsival, Drury, Gomez contracts.

asq2 wrote:They good news for the Rags is that they have a superstar goaltender to build around, a young stud defenceman in Marc Staal and a young stud forward in Nikolai Zherdev. Brandon Dubinsky should be a good player as well.

The bad news: Redden, Rozsival, Drury, Gomez contracts.

I would hardly call Zherdev, I think that guy is a waste of tallent. I would never build a team around that guy, ever. Staal and Lundqvist are both solid though, but Zherdev, blah, tallented or not, he is the typical Russian softy. If only most of them were built like A Train and Ovechkin.

IMO, Zherdev will be back in Russia before he is 30 playing in the KHL.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Zherdev IMO has really emerged and matured in New York.

Definitely the best forward on their roster.

I heard a stat the other day, which would have been about 2 games ago. At that point Redden had ONE power play point in his last 32 games. It was an assist. $6.5 million apparently doesn't buy much these days lol.

Zherdev is basically useless when the game gets physical. Cant stand him as a player, absolutly heartless and soft. Playoffs roll around, he and the Rangers are done. If he puts up more than 4 points in that series against anyone, I'll be shocked.

He makes Spezza look like the Hulk.

Neely4Life wrote:Zherdev is basically useless when the game gets physical. Cant stand him as a player, absolutly heartless and soft. Playoffs roll around, he and the Rangers are done. If he puts up more than 4 points in that series against anyone, I'll be shocked.

He makes Spezza look like the Hulk.

At least he is producing points. Redden is doing nothing of value at all for the Rags. Man, as much as I've Wing Dang Doodle about Murray this season, we could have Sather. I can't imagine how god awful we'd be right now if he was our GM.

I dont think Murray has done a bad job at all... I think people underestimate just how poor the sutiation it was in Ottawa when Murray took over. All of his prospects were in Russia!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Who thinks 'Chicago, Boston and Detroit are in trouble'?
Suspect

davetherave wrote:

Who thinks 'Chicago, Boston and Detroit are in trouble'?
Suspect

Cap trouble, and there is def a couple people on this site that think that... Yes, it is way off I know.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Chicago could run into some problems when the contracts of Kane, Keith and Toews expire.

That Campbell deal could hurt them down the line.

asq2 wrote:Chicago could run into some problems when the contracts of Kane, Keith and Toews expire.

That Campbell deal could hurt them down the line.

They defently could, I never disagreed with that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:I think Wade also suffers from the Orr effect where he got hammered (physically) a lot early on in his career as an elite defenceman, and it's taking its toll now.

I can't imagine what he'll be like in 6 years. Do you think he retires before the contract runs out?

Comparing Redden to Orr, eh? Now you're starting to sound like Goodie Wilson.

Redden was never elite. Just very good immediately and pretty much a plateau his whole career.

Overrated by the loud and repetitive Ottawa media.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
asq2 wrote:I think Wade also suffers from the Orr effect where he got hammered (physically) a lot early on in his career as an elite defenceman, and it's taking its toll now.

I can't imagine what he'll be like in 6 years. Do you think he retires before the contract runs out?

Comparing Redden to Orr, eh? Now you're starting to sound like Goodie Wilson.

Redden was never elite. Just very good immediately and pretty much a plateau his whole career.

Overrated by the loud and repetitive Ottawa media.

Yeah the loud and repetitive Ottawa media got him chosen to Team Canada for the Olympics, World Cup, World Championships and World Junior Championships.

Man those Ottawa media sure are powerful Wink

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Yeah the loud and repetitive Ottawa media got him chosen to Team Canada for the Olympics, World Cup, World Championships and World Junior Championships.

Yeah. My bad, he's a special player. I'll just keep my opinions to myself from now on since everybody else seems to know it all.

Thanks.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Yeah the loud and repetitive Ottawa media got him chosen to Team Canada for the Olympics, World Cup, World Championships and World Junior Championships.

Yeah. My bad, he's a special player. I'll just keep my opinions to myself from now on since everybody else seems to know it all.

Thanks.

Seriously though, I agree that he sucks arse right now and has for a few years. Why is debatable. I was just poking fun at the Ottawa media comment is all. I personally believe he was Elite at one time but it was a very brief period that Muckler gambled would continue.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum