GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:32 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Although TSN is saying 3 to 4 weeks, Sportsnet is saying 4 to 6 weeks. So I decided to incorporate both of them.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265288&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/31/leafs_kaberle/

If he is indeed out for 6 weeks, which wouldn't make sense, he would actually miss the trade deadline. Funny.

2Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Re: Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Still could be dealt, but wouldn't help the team for a while. Big gamble to take on a guy coming off an injury and one of his worst seasons. His value's taken a huge beating, as has most of the Leaf players that at one time had value, guys like Antropov, Kubina, Toskala included.

I'm sure some teams would take a chance on those guys, not so much Toskala though, since we've seen there is little value for goalies right no. The only thing stopping a deal is the dreaded NTC's. Maybe these guys will finally want a shot at winning and leave and give Burke some assets to work with.

3Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Re: Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:12 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

You can't trade guys that are injured.

4Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Re: Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:23 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

He migth be back before the deadline so could still be dealt!

5Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Re: Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:36 pm

PKC wrote:You can't trade guys that are injured.

Is this a new thing? I remember when the Sens traded Daigle. Falloon and Prospal came over. At the time Prospal was out with a foot injury. It may depend on the player's status (ie: LTIR)

6Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Re: Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll take him. Smile

7Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Re: Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:37 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

From what I know from the CBA, it's against the union's rules to trade an injured player.

8Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Re: Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:39 pm

PKC wrote:From what I know from the CBA, it's against the union's rules to trade an injured player.

Sounds right. It may be a new item added to the current CBA. I distinctly remember when Prospal and Falloon arrived in Ottawa, Prospal was in a walking cast.

9Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Empty Re: Kaberle out 3 to 6 weeks Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:09 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

For all you Hockey GM GMs, a copy of the CBA can be downloaded here:

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/index.html

Kaberle being injured, does Gainey make a pitch for Kuba? Or Chris Neil? Or both?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum