GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bettman enforces all-star commitments via suspension

+4
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=264365&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Gary Bettman is enforcing a policy that players who opt out of the All-Star game must miss one game prior to or after the all-star break. Sidney Crosby is en route to Montreal to participate in off-ice festivities and players like Semin, Datsyuk and Lidstrom might have to sit out the next Red Wings game for pulling out of the game after being voted in.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ridiculous...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like it. It makes the event even more of a joke if you have half a dozen players all saying no thanks after being voted in. Not much credibility in a league that just sits back and lets it happen IMO.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like it. It makes the event even more of a joke if you have half a dozen players all saying no thanks after being voted in. Not much credibility in a league that just sits back and lets it happen IMO.

The bleeding had to be stopped in that regard. The "All-Star Game is a joke" refrain was growing louder each year.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

the ASG is a joke who's time has come to shut it down. It's a man love circus at best. Totally unwatchable.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

ps. Bettman just needs a little moustache and a swastika and he's set...

The All-star game is what it is. These days it is a way to promote the NHL to the non-fan. They hype the players, hype the NHL, and they do it the only way they can - with a low-risk game and a skills competition. Obviously it isn't there for the die-hards live and breathe hockey - thats what the regular season and the play-offs are for. You're never going to see people on boards like this talking about how great the game was, because we are all fans who know the game. I bet that there will be lots of kids talking about it next week, a few new fans talking about taking in a game or two, and maybe a few extra jersey sold. And that is why they do it. I'm not planning on watching it, but lots of people will, and they will enjoy it.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

This guy is a complete and total tool. Who cares about the All Star Game anyway? I think he might be the only one, and he's being a total baby about it. WOW! WHO CARES BETTMAN? WHO? This guy has gone mad.

I read this earlier and thought it was really funny how he was calling out these injured players. They're injured, what are you going to do about it? Now he's talking suspensions? Who is this guy? He's gotta go!

I hope they eliminate this AS BS after this season, it's really boring, and the biggest hockey fans don't care about it, so what's the point anymore?

SensGirl11 wrote:This guy is a complete and total tool. Who cares about the All Star Game anyway? I think he might be the only one, and he's being a total baby about it. WOW! WHO CARES BETTMAN? WHO? This guy has gone mad.

I read this earlier and thought it was really funny how he was calling out these injured players. They're injured, what are you going to do about it? Now he's talking suspensions? Who is this guy? He's gotta go!

I hope they eliminate this AS BS after this season, it's really boring, and the biggest hockey fans don't care about it, so what's the point anymore?

it is not for the biggest hockey fans - it is for the casual fan, new fan and non fan who outnumber us by a lot.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:This guy is a complete and total tool. Who cares about the All Star Game anyway? I think he might be the only one, and he's being a total baby about it. WOW! WHO CARES BETTMAN? WHO? This guy has gone mad.

it is not for the biggest hockey fans - it is for the casual fan, new fan and non fan who outnumber us by a lot.

Fair enough, but, Bettman is still being a total baby about the whole thing.

SensGirl11 wrote:
B B B Bird is the Word wrote:

Fair enough, but, Bettman is still being a total baby about the whole thing.

Isn't in the first intermission of the all-star game every year when Ron Mclean interviews Bettman, and they usually get at eachother pretty good?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Here's a question for you all, what would Gretzky have done if he was injured and had to make a decision of whether or not to go to the All Star Game?

IF he said he couldn't go, what would Bettman do then?

Just for fun.

I've got no problem with him enforcing a rule. It's his job. Its hard to say what he would do about Gretzky, but since he's doing it to his little pet Crosby.....it's safe to say that the Great One would miss a game as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ludicrous. I'd tell him to eat Dung and die.

504Heater wrote:Ludicrous. I'd tell him to eat Dung and die.

What? everyone Wing Dang Doodle about him treating stars differently than the rest of the players. Now that he enforces a rule, he's told to eat Dung and die?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum