GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

O.k. Riddle time

+4
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
Cronie
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

31O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:21 pm

KidKarlsson

Rookie
Rookie

tukker wrote:1.A doctor and a boy were fishing. The boy was the doctor's son, but the doctor was not the boy's father. Who was the doctor?

2.Whats The Begining Of The End The Begining Of Eternity And The End Of Time And Space?

3.Whats greater than God
more evil than the devil
the rich need it
the poor have it
and if you eat it you will die?

4.What's colorless, and weightless, but if you put it into a barrel, the barrel would become lighter?

im pretty sure the answer to number 4 is a hole?

32O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Fish12 wrote:
tukker wrote:1.A doctor and a boy were fishing. The boy was the doctor's son, but the doctor was not the boy's father. Who was the doctor?

2.Whats The Begining Of The End The Begining Of Eternity And The End Of Time And Space?

3.Whats greater than God
more evil than the devil
the rich need it
the poor have it

4.What's colorless, and weightless, but if you put it into a barrel, the barrel would become lighter?

im pretty sure the answer to number 4 is a hole?
ya, too easy.

33O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 pm

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

1) The Doctor was a woman? Hence, his mother?

2) No idea.

3) I've heard this one before- the answer is 'nothing'. Nothing is greater than god, nothing is more evil than the devil, the poor have nothing, the rich need nothing, and if you eat nothing, you will surely die.

34O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Jordo wrote:1) The Doctor was a woman? Hence, his mother?

2) No idea.

3) I've heard this one before- the answer is 'nothing'. Nothing is greater than god, nothing is more evil than the devil, the poor have nothing, the rich need nothing, and if you eat nothing, you will surely die.

1) yep

3)yep

35O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:15 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

3.Whats greater than God
more evil than the devil
the rich need it
the poor have it

2. It would have been easier to see it with the commas in there, but the answer is the letter E.

36O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:18 pm

PKC wrote:

3.Whats greater than God
more evil than the devil
the rich need it
the poor have it

2. It would have been easier to see it with the commas in there, but the answer is the letter E.
yep

37O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
tukker wrote:

5. ummm 5?

I'll give a hint. It's an incandescent lightbulb. The answer is obvious, the solution is not.

Still nothing?

The thing to remember is that an incandescent bulb has
Spoiler:

38O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:
tukker wrote:

5. ummm 5?

I'll give a hint. It's an incandescent lightbulb. The answer is obvious, the solution is not.

Still nothing?

The thing to remember is that an incandescent bulb has
Spoiler:

stinking spoiler... I always look at those things...even when i don't want to...

39O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

here's one:

Two babies born on the same day in the same year with the same mother and father are not twins.
Can you explain how this can be?

EDIT: 10!! whooo hooo! look out Cap'n' and Heater!

40O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:54 pm

Amnesia021 wrote:here's one:

Two babies born on the same day in the same year with the same mother and father are not twins.

triplets?

41O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:59 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Is this even a riddle? I believe I heard a story last year about a woman in Britain (or maybe it was Ireland) who had two separate births, 3 weeks apart. The babies were born on the same day in the same year with the same mother, just minutes apart, but they weren't twins because they were two different pregnancies. I forget what the condition is known as, but its a 1 in a million medical rarity. I think on top of that, she was on the pill too, which makes it all the more bizarre. Crazy world, huh?

42O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:06 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:

Is this even a riddle? I believe I heard a story last year about a woman in Britain (or maybe it was Ireland) who had two separate births, 3 weeks apart. The babies were born on the same day in the same year with the same mother, just minutes apart, but they weren't twins because they were two different pregnancies. I forget what the condition is known as, but its a 1 in a million medical rarity. I think on top of that, she was on the pill too, which makes it all the more bizarre. Crazy world, huh?

Bummer, I remember that story... I think they were two different races even... anywho it's called superfecundation (i think they sang about it in Mary Poppins, but don't quote me on that) and no, not they answer i was looking for :x Razz

43O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:16 pm

Amnesia021 wrote:
PKC wrote:

Bummer, I remember that story... I think they were two different races even... anywho it's called superfecundation (i think they sang about it in Mary Poppins, but don't quote me on that) and no, not they answer i was looking for :x Razz
was i right?

44O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:03 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Amnesia021 wrote:
stinking spoiler... I always look at those things...even when i don't want to...

Don't worry, here's another. This time don't clicky on the spiler thingy whenever it appears:

An electrician has a problem in a new house. There is a bundle of 15 wires running from the basement to the third floor (yeah, a high-rise). Of course the wires are not labeled in any way and he needs to find out which end in the basement belongs to which end on the top floor. He's got no assistant and just very simply tools:
- a continuity tester
- masking tape and pencil (to label the wire-ends)
- a notepad to write everything down

His task is easily defined: twist pairs of wires together in the basement and use the continuity tester upstairs to figure out which ends belong together.

What's the minimum number of trips up or down the stairs he needs to do to complete this task?

45O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:43 am

wprager wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:

Don't worry, here's another. This time don't clicky on the spiler thingy whenever it appears:

An electrician has a problem in a new house. There is a bundle of 15 wires running from the basement to the third floor (yeah, a high-rise). Of course the wires are not labeled in any way and he needs to find out which end in the basement belongs to which end on the top floor. He's got no assistant and just very simply tools:
- a continuity tester

His task is easily defined: twist pairs of wires together in the basement and use the continuity tester upstairs to figure out which ends belong together.

What's the minimum number of trips up or down the stairs he needs to do to complete this task?
7.5? :D

maybe 9?

46O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's one. What's between Heaven and Earth?

- Unknown Author

47O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:52 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:

- a continuity tester

Minimum number of trips up or down the stairs is 2.

48O.k. Riddle time - Page 3 Empty Re: O.k. Riddle time Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:14 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Here's one. What's between Heaven and Earth?

and?

Is that too cheeky?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum