GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

news on TSN.ca

+7
Cronie
LeCaptain
Mojo
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
PKC
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1news on TSN.ca Empty news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:20 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=262975&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

some interesting stuff here........

2news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:22 pm

And does he have the full confidence of Melnyk?
"That's something I don't have to announce publicly," he replied.
I assume that he means he does have full confidence of Melnyk, or he would have been fired by now?

"I can save my job by trading our first round pick probably," he admitted. "I can up our first round pick and get a decent player, but that's the wrong thing to do. It's okay for me or the coach to do that, but for the franchise it's not the right thing to do."
save his job? Melnyk want results now?

I'm more confused than ever.

3news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:26 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

So, from what I gather from that last quote. It would appear that Murray is assessing exactly what kind of player Elliott is going to be, because there seems to be a trade on the table that is most likely going to include a 'number 1' goaltender.

Pretty interesting stuff...I figured there was something off about Elliott coming up now and playing for the Senators. But it all makes sense if it's a general assessment of the young man's talents at this level.

Looks like a trade might be closer than it's ever been.

4news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:And does he have the full confidence of Melnyk?
"That's something I don't have to announce publicly," he replied.
I assume that he means he does have full confidence of Melnyk, or he would have been fired by now?

"I can save my job by trading our first round pick probably," he admitted. "I can up our first round pick and get a decent player, but that's the wrong thing to do. It's okay for me or the coach to do that, but for the franchise it's not the right thing to do."
save his job? Melnyk want results now?

I'm more confused than ever.

I think what was meant is that, he was asked if he had the full confidence from Melnyk. In other words, does he think Melnyk has confidence in him.

5news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All this story tells me is if you're waiting for something major to happen then don't hold your breath.

- Unknown Author

6news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:20 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:All this story tells me is if you're waiting for something major to happen then don't hold your breath.

Couldn't agree more Clutchie. Don't hold your breath.

7news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

It sounds like Murray is reluctantly admitting what most of us figured out about 15 games ago. This team will not make the playoffs and making a major trade now won't improve them enough and will only hinder their recovery in the future. If he is somewhat admitting this publicly, then it probably means he has discussed this with Melnyk and they have adopted a new plan.

8news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:27 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

THe thing that is more than obvious, but he won't say it publicly, when I read this is that: The season is over, and that 1st round drft pick will be juicy.

9news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Just saw on HF Boards that he was on Team 1200 this afternoon too. Summary, from "The CHef" on HFBoards, who listened, says:

-Team has to play for the Sweater, for the fans, for the pride.
-Playoffs are a long shot (team needs "unbelievable performance")
-Spoke to Alfredsson, can't criticize him for his effort.
-Speaks to Melnyk on a regular basis
-Believes the team is better than what they are. Nobody is happy.
-Best time to trade players is the trade deadline.
-Wants to see where Elliott is. "Can he now step up and help this team for the future?"
-Last years draft was "terrific" past 3 years before 08 draft "didn't draft very well"
-Building for next season, although not giving up this season. Will
wait until the next couple of weeks to see if the team can "pick up
ground" before making final decision.

Fore more:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=594297

10news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Murray needs to get as many picks as possible and go deep!

This season is f**kin' TOAST... time to look to the future...whatever it may be...

11news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Agreed Cronie. The time to fix this season has long passed. It's now time to wait for the deadline and maximize the return on our assets in the form of prospects/picks and young talent. Possibly make a few moves in the offseason as well.

- Unknown Author

12news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:34 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Agreed Cronie. The time to fix this season has long passed. It's now time to wait for the deadline and maximize the return on our assets in the form of prospects/picks and young talent. Possibly make a few moves in the offseason as well.

THat's why it's so funny hearing everyone saying that they need to make a move NOW.

NO they don't! They need to wait until the deadline and get the most in every trade. For now, they need to spend time assessing all the players both in Ottawa and in Bingo via call-up. We've got 5 or 6 weeks to formulate the game plan for what's going to be a HUGE trade deadline (unfortunatley from the wrong direction) that this club has ever had.

and I do NOT want Murray going anywhere! There's all this talk of him being fired but that would be a huge mistake IMO as he's got to finish what he's started here.

13news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Agreed Cronie. The time to fix this season has long passed. It's now time to wait for the deadline and maximize the return on our assets in the form of prospects/picks and young talent. Possibly make a few moves in the offseason as well.

THat's why it's so funny hearing everyone saying that they need to make a move NOW.

NO they don't! They need to wait until the deadline and get the most in every trade. For now, they need to spend time assessing all the players both in Ottawa and in Bingo via call-up. We've got 5 or 6 weeks to formulate the game plan for what's going to be a HUGE trade deadline (unfortunatley from the wrong direction) that this club has ever had.

and I do NOT want Murray going anywhere! There's all this talk of him being fired but that would be a huge mistake IMO as he's got to finish what he's started here.
You are so dead on it's not funny. It's gets really tiresome listening to trade rumours after every Sens loss. You're take on it is exactly how I feel about everything as well.

A little patience needs to be had by the fans of the Sens.

14news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Murray goes, it sets us back yet another year. He's building this thing via draft and astute trades. This year's a write-off, next year may not be great, but we have to show some patience.

Now Hartsburg obviously can't get it done. That's dead on obvious, but we might as well not change him until the summer.

15news on TSN.ca Empty Re: news on TSN.ca Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And another thing:

Can we please try Fisher on the wing now? We have nothing to lose, why not unleash the beast. Let him drive the lanes with Vermette as his center - or even better with Spezza as his center and Heatley on the left-wing. Give me a break. This guy was born to play wing. He's a Morrow clone, yet no one will even think about doing this on this team.

Coaches are dumb sometimes - and don't tell me that Fisher wouldn't feel comfortable at wing. I don't give a Dung. Get there and don't complain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum