GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ruutu - suspended for how long?

+4
wprager
dennycrane
Nasty Nas
PTFlea
8 posters

How long a suspension does Ruutu get for biting Peters?

Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_lcap231%Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_rcap2 31% [ 5 ]
Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_lcap20%Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_lcap219%Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_rcap2 19% [ 3 ]
Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_lcap225%Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_rcap2 25% [ 4 ]
Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_lcap219%Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_rcap2 19% [ 3 ]
Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_lcap26%Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_lcap20%Ruutu - suspended for how long? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Ruutu - suspended for how long? Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ruutu bit Peters tonight. I thought Peters was being a Wing Dang Doodle, but I think it was a legit complaint (it's hard to prove on replays though).

Now, I'm curious how many of us guess the suspension (or lack) correctly.

2Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't be afraid to vote, then explain why you voted. Wink

3Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm going 2 games here. And he's franking lucky that you can't see him do it better on the replays or it'd be 10+.

I think that's chicken Dung personally. Hit him in the face, hump him like you did Crosby, whatever, but bite him? That's getting into Mike Tyson areas.

4Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:35 am

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

pretty dumb move on Ruutu's part. I voted 3 games. If it
wasn't a pad covered finger and actual flesh then I would go 10+ but 3
would be suitable for this imo.

5Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:01 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I vote 5+.

1. Ruutu has already been suspended for 2 games this year.
2. There has to be zero tolerance on this issue, despite recent biting accusations.
3. The NHL needs to set a standard. Ruutu is disliked around the league, so it makes it easy to make an example out of him.

I would also like to see a suspension of the Sabre who speared Ruutu in the pills.

6Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:30 am

I think the fact he later got pitchforked in the junk ought to factor into the punishment. 2 games. Peters is a first class chicken-Dung and douchebag which should also factor into this.

7Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No penalty, so obviously four officials didn't see anything. I didn't watch the game but you say replays are inconclusive. I don't see how they can prove anything, so I voted "Nothing".

8Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:22 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted one game and would like to throw in a fine...
The outcry factor from the Sabres bench and fans will probably prompt Campbell and his cronies to do SOMETHING, if just from a PR standpoint, so I think one game and a fine.

If he did actually do it, regardless of whether it was done to a complete arsehole like Peters, it's not cool. I would have preferred a Head-butt or something, so although I still like what Ruutu generally brings to the ice and the Sens, THIS is something I'm NOT I'm elated to see...

9Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:46 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Since this is a guessing game I say it's 1 game max and possibly a fine. Had it been someone other than Peters and a better replay then perhaps we'd see more games. The NHL doesn't give a Dung about guys like Peters so the suspension will reflect that IMO.

- Unknown Author

10Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm feeling 1 game.

11Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Money quote from Peters after the game regarding the "bite" by Ruutu.

"It's not good for the game of hockey."

Wow. "Golden boy" Peters is now the spokesperson for the state of the game of hockey and what is and is not good for it.

12Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not to mention that Diddle Peters cannot skate. Like McGratton-esque flopping, but worse. And the refs actually called (I can't remember who) for tripping him.

Tripping? In the words of Alfie: "That wasn't a trip, he has a bit of trouble skating."

13Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:44 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I voted 3 games... The fact that he's been suspended before for other altercations will be taken into account. He definitely bit him, but there is no conclusive evidence of it. You see him jaw clenched jerk his head away, but you never see his jaw open and close.

You also cannot compare this to the Hollyfield/Tyson because Holyfield wasn't face washing Tyson with the side of his head. I actually have less of a problem with this incident than I do with his attempted elbow at Lapierre, even though i really hate Lapierre.

But i'm really curious to know how long he will be suspended... I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but Darcy Tucker once facewashed Marc Savard during an after play scrum, and Savard bit him. Savard was given a match penalty, and suspended for 1 game.

14Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

4 of 15 people got it right. Not too bad.

15Ruutu - suspended for how long? Empty Re: Ruutu - suspended for how long? Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well I was wrong. I said 1 game but I was being cynical. 2 games is probably a little light but I'm OK with it.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum