GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Khabibulin's value going up

+6
mattshock
wprager
Riprock
TheAvatar
Hayden
beedub
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Khabibulin's value going up Empty Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:30 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

As reported by today's Sun, Khabibulin is playing his value up. 2-1-1 with a 1.96 GAA.

Talon is saying he'll get a warm body back in return for Khabi, instead of a complete salary dump.

Send Fisher and/or Vermette, and I think Ottawa would have room.

2Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:50 am

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

I hope this rumour goes away soon - getting pretty tired of hearing it.

3Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:57 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm with you Hayden.

4Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:59 pm

beedub wrote:As reported by today's Sun, Khabibulin is playing his value up. 2-1-1 with a 1.96 GAA.

Talon is saying he'll get a warm body back in return for Khabi, instead of a complete salary dump.

Surely you jest...

Yes Khabi is playing well, but it's 4 games. He may have upped his value slightly, but this is a guy who went untouched through waivers. Why would anyone, much less a team like Ottawa who lacks secondary scoring (well lately anyway) trade a top 6 guy for Khabi?

Tallon will get a warm body back, but that's only so the other team won't have to eat so much salary. I'll drink a cup of my own piss if that player turns out to be a top 6 forward.

5Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd trade away some of our less useful guys, like Schubert, McAmmond, Donovan or Nikulin, not to mention something would have to be done about Gerber.

6Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thing is, Chicago may be looking to move Huet, not Khabibulin.

7Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That would kill their cred me thinks.... you shouldn't sign someone only to move them months later.

8Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:40 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

beedub wrote:As reported by today's Sun, Khabibulin is playing his value up. 2-1-1 with a 1.96 GAA.

Fisher for Bulin and I would march on SBP to burn it to the ground!!

9Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:That would kill their cred me thinks.... you shouldn't sign someone only to move them months later.

You do in this cap league. That's why there has been such a rash of buy-outs lately.

10Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:04 pm

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

Fisher AND Vermette for Bulin-who the hell let Milbury in here?

11Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:That would kill their cred me thinks.... you shouldn't sign someone only to move them months later.

You do in this cap league. That's why there has been such a rash of buy-outs lately.

No, that is bad management, much like that of Burke. You don't blame it on the cap, you blame it on poor judgment. Seriously, first you ask why did Tallon sign Huet, especially to that contract? Second, if he was going to, why didn't he move Bulin sooner or do something about it sooner?

12Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:24 pm

DashRiprock wrote:
wprager wrote:

No, that is bad management, much like that of Burke. You don't blame it on the cap, you blame it on poor judgment. Seriously, first you ask why did Tallon sign Huet, especially to that contract? Second, if he was going to, why didn't he move Bulin sooner or do something about it sooner?

Maybe he thought he'd have a taker on the waiver wire. It just goes to show that you can't even give away some contracts. I think we'll see a return to the standard 3-4-5 year deals from now on. Some contracts are really handcuffing teams. There isn't a player in the world I would sign to a 12 year deal. Say Ovechkin suffers a massive concussion this season. He could heal up, but never be as effective in the future. That contract then looks like a real hindrance if that's the case. Sure it's hypothetical, but hey it could happen.

13Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He hasn't tried hard enough to get rid of him and I think that he's hesitant because he made a mistake in Huet. He could easily trade Khabibulin if he was willing to take back someone else (can't see why a Gerber for 'Bulin trade would not go down), or he could try re-entry. He's obviously wanting too much in return or he realizes he made a mistake signing Huet.

14Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:He hasn't tried hard enough to get rid of him and I think that he's hesitant because he made a mistake in Huet. He could easily trade Khabibulin if he was willing to take back someone else (can't see why a Gerber for 'Bulin trade would not go down), or he could try re-entry. He's obviously wanting too much in return or he realizes he made a mistake signing Huet.

I don't think Huet is as bad as you're describing him.

His save % in the last 4 years vary between .916 and .936.

He's been better than anyone we've had in the last x years ...

15Khabibulin's value going up Empty Re: Khabibulin's value going up Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:32 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:He hasn't tried hard enough to get rid of him and I think that he's hesitant because he made a mistake in Huet. He could easily trade Khabibulin if he was willing to take back someone else (can't see why a Gerber for 'Bulin trade would not go down), or he could try re-entry. He's obviously wanting too much in return or he realizes he made a mistake signing Huet.

I don't think Huet is as bad as you're describing him.

His save % in the last 4 years vary between .916 and .936.

He's been better than anyone we've had in the last x years ...

I'd like whatever you've been taking...Huet is better than Gerber. Period. Hardly better than any goalie we've had in the last x years....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum