GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+15
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
tim1_2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
spader
Hoags
shabbs
NEELY
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Getzlaf signs 8-year extension with Ducks.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Getzlaf signs 8-year extension with Ducks.

ThisJustIn!

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Getzlaf signs 8-year extension with Ducks.

Maybe Perry sees that the team is serious and follows suit.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

AAV of 8.25 Million.
Perry is gone no question.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seems steep on an eight year term...I would've thought somewhere in the $7.25M range on a deal that long...yikes.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKing wrote:no surprise. He's playing with Michalek next season
I'm scared to get too excited about Perry, but he would fit here so perfectly.

He'd fit perfectly just about anywhere.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:AAV of 8.25 Million.
Shut the Diddle up. Are you serious?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Don't see how they can give him the cash either.

That said, Perry will be getting over 8 mil for sure from whatever team signs him. Sens better pony up if they want any chance at him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

8.25 million X 8 years. Uhoh! That is ridiculous.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

That said, Perry will be getting over 8 mil for sure from whatever team signs him. Sens better pony up if they want any chance at him.

Perry would have the highest contract here, Spezza will want that when his time is up. I can't see the Euge throwing out that much.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Bryan Murray will get it done no question because Alfie is gone in a couple years and nobody in the system right now has 1st line money coming in the next 5-6 years

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Perry would have the highest contract here, Spezza will want that when his time is up. I can't see the Euge throwing out that much.

Meh, 8.25 for Perry is fine, then is Spez wants that, it's only a 1.25 million increase for one of the best Cs in the league. You pay.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Perry won't sign for less than 8 mil, that's for sure. But your right, Anderson is locked up at a great salary, Karlsson is as well, Alfi is off the books, Gonchar is off the books, Spezza will probably be offered a retirement contract by the Sens...

Man, I hope they just make the trade for Perry and sign him super long term.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Meh, 8.25 for Perry is fine, then is Spez wants that, it's only a 1.25 million increase for one of the best Cs in the league. You pay.

Not if your name is Eugene.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Man, I hope they just make the trade for Perry and sign him super long term.

I think Perry will wait til July 5 before he makes up his mind. Doesn't sound like he has a team in mind just that he is going East.

Kovalchuk went back and forth with LA and NJ before deciding on NJ's illegal contract.

Last edited by Hoags on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So much for salaries keeping in line with the cap. Getzlaf will get more than 1/8th of the cap space next year. I think they still have the per-player limit of no more than 20%, which I always thought was way too high. Always thought 10% would be a nice round number, but 15% probably more what the PA would agree to. Well, $8.25 is nearly 13% of the total. I think those salaries work in the NBA because you don't have a 20-man roster.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Not if your name is Eugene.

Any team that trades for him has the advantage because of the extra year you can offer... pretty big deal.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Any team that trades for him has the advantage because of the extra year you can offer... pretty big deal.

I guess it depends on whether money is the deciding factor. Does he want maximum $$ or does it matter where he goes and if the team is near Cup contention etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum