GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding? Empty Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding? Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just heard about this and then dug up this link to a Citizen article. On the surface it would seem to be not Sens related and there's very little detail in the article.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Ottawa+Senators+owner+Melnyk+divorce+proceeding/3908238/story.html

Pure speculation on my part but: Where this becomes hockey related is the fact that Eugene's assets could be frozen to determine there worth when deciding on a settlement. The scary part? Could this mean the Senators will need to be sold to pay his ex wife Lori?

It makes you wonder just what documents the Citizen obtained and why Melnyk wants it kept quiet.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

2Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding? Empty Re: Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding? Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's nothing in the article even vaguely suggesting that. Biovail was founded in 1982. Melnyk got married 12 years later, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pre-nup involved.

3Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding? Empty Re: Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding? Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're right and I should have mentioned that this was speculation on my part. Sorry about that.

- Unknown Author

4Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding? Empty Re: Eugene Melnyk in divorce proceeding? Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His wife is leaving him because of that ridiculous comment he made last week haha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum