GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Empty Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Tampa Bay Lightning and Montreal Canadiens have made an AHL trade today, swapping goalies Kari Ramo and Cedric Desjardins. They will likely start in their respective affiliates (Hamilton and Norfolk).

Vegas odds on Ramo pulling a Halak and usurping Price by mid-season? Sarcasm

2Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Empty Re: Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why did they trade Desjardins for Ramo when Desjardins posted 29 wins last season in the AHL and had very good numbers? Meanwhile Ramo hasn't had success anywhere buy the KHL - a less offensive league. Whatever... :crossarms:

3Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Empty Re: Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Why did they trade Desjardins for Ramo when Desjardins posted 29 wins last season in the AHL and had very good numbers? Meanwhile Ramo hasn't had success anywhere buy the KHL - a less offensive league. Whatever... :crossarms:
well, as far as i've read on the subject they thought hey was an AHLer, but would never make the NHL in a permanent way.
you think when tampa steals your AHL coach and then comes knocking on your door for your AHL goalie that they might know something. is there some fleecing to be done in MTL? maybe we can trade ilya zubov's rights for those of louie leblanc? ThumbsUp Sarcasm

4Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Empty Re: Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
well, as far as i've read on the subject they thought hey was an AHLer, but would never make the NHL in a permanent way.
you think when tampa steals your AHL coach and then comes knocking on your door for your AHL goalie that they might know something. is there some fleecing to be done in MTL? maybe we can trade ilya zubov's rights for those of louie leblanc? ThumbsUp Sarcasm

That's what I mean...Boucher knows exactly what he's getting. Ramo...you don't really know which guy you're getting on a nightly basis.

5Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Empty Re: Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:The Tampa Bay Lightning and Montreal Canadiens have made an AHL trade today, swapping goalies Kari Ramo and Cedric Desjardins. They will likely start in their respective affiliates (Hamilton and Norfolk).

Vegas odds on Ramo pulling a Halak and usurping Price by mid-season? Sarcasm

Ramo is under contract with a KHL team and will play the next year in Russia. So he's probably not stealing anything away from Price this year.

Maybe Auld, their actual backup, will, tho'. Sarcasm

6Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Empty Re: Tampa, Montreal swap AHL goalies Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:25 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i thought i had read he was coming back this year. now i can
t find it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum