GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa

+3
Jordo
jamvan
Cronie
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

130 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:16 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you haven't had a chance to check out TSN's latest, it's an interesting read.

One part REALLY stood out to me, and that where this writer says that if this team struggles again, look for one of the big guns, most likely Spezza, to be traded before the end of the year...?

REALLY? Are we going to rehash this crap again?!
WTF?!?!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251308&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

230 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:44 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:If you haven't had a chance to check out TSN's latest, it's an interesting read.

One part REALLY stood out to me, and that where this writer says that if this team struggles again, look for one of the big guns, most likely Spezza, to be traded before the end of the year...?

REALLY? Are we going to rehash this crap again?!
WTF?!?!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251308&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl
TSN sucks. I read the article and thought it was absolutely brutal.

Just like the article in the Citizen today by Alan P. First he says Schubert left without talking to anyone, then he writes about how Schubert is feeling. If he didn't talk to anyone, how the "F" does he know how he's feeling? Complete sh!t

330 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:00 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

It was fairly realistic of what happened last year, and it kinda Dung on my english muffin I was eating at my desk when I read it, I hate being reminded of all that trash. They even made mention of the god-damned Roman Centurion skit.

They also gave a very pessimistic outlook on how this season will fold out for the Sens. Perhaps I say that because I'm much more optimistic and maybe wearing red glasses, but honestly I don't think the Sens are going to do that badly this year. I'm interested to see how the first month goes, dealing with the lag, etc.

I'm guessing the East shakes up like this:

Pittsburgh
Washington
Montreal
Philly
Ottawa
New Jersey
Tampa
Boston

430 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:05 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know. I am not overly optimistic that the Sens will hoist the cup this year, but at the same time, I'm not prepared to write them off just either.

530 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:12 am

Cronenbergfan wrote:I know. I am not overly optimistic that the Sens will hoist the cup this year, but at the same time, I'm not prepared to write them off just either.

I think what we have here is a very different team than we have been used to in years past. We have the most irritating team to play against in the league. Ruutu is everyone's most hated player, Neil is not too far behind and Bass will find a way onto that list. If you add Fisher who hits like a monster and Schubert on the fourth line running around, we will lead the league in hits. that is not even to mention the backend where coaches will keep their top line away from Philly and Volchenkov as much as possible just to get stuck playing against Jason Smith. Ask Cindy how much he enjoyed that experience in the playoffs. Suffice to say that every team that comes to town will be saying 'Sh!t not these a-holes again' which suits me just fine. That is not to mention the fact that we have three of the top ten offensive players in the league up front.

Playoffs are a lock. Book it! TSN can write any article they want from Toronto where the playoffs will continue to be Blue and White free.

630 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:TSN sucks. I read the article and thought it was absolutely brutal.
Apart from the crazy Spezza trade suggestion, what is brutal about the article? I think it summed it up pretty nicely.

730 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:27 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I know. I am not overly optimistic that the Sens will hoist the cup this year, but at the same time, I'm not prepared to write them off just either.
Tell me, were you optomistic at the start of the year when they did go to the cup? Anything can happen and we all know so many things must go right to win the Cup. No one can predict what the season will bring.

830 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Tell me, were you optomistic at the start of the year when they did go to the cup? Anything can happen and we all know so many things must go right to win the Cup. No one can predict what the season will bring.

Actually, you're right Jam. I didn't start to get that hungry, OH MY GOD feeling about them until after the first round of the playoffs.

It will be interesting to see how things line up for the Sens in the coming weeks and such, and maybe they be a tour de force, so to speak, or we will have a repeat of last year...

930 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The lack of a PP QB or a star level puck mover on the back end could hurt the Sens significantly. I keep regretting not being able to acquire Campbell - I can't help thinking it. It's the first time in a long, long time that we don't have someone back there that has a little spark - someone who can both rush the puck up the ice - and someone who can pass it tape to tape to our forwards who are cutting through the neutral zone with speed.

Sure some of the guys have potential like Picard and Lee, but they're clearly not at the level we kinda need them to be right now. I give our new defense a ton of credit for being massive and aggressive, but I don't see much offense coming from it.

That's only problem one too. There's the lack of a definitive 70+ point guy on the 2nd line - spreading out the scoring without breaking up the top line is a near impossibility.

Then there's the goaltending - which I don't care what anyone says - is competent and nothing more. I doubt they lose us many games, but they sure won't steal us many. With a D that isn't mobile and question marks on line 2, anyone who isn't a tad worried is living in a dreamworld.

Now...we're tough. Tougher than most teams in the NHL. A real thorn in the side of opponents - and we have the best line in hockey. Let's see what they can do this year TSN. Don't be too quick to jump to conclusions.

1030 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

TSN picked the Ducks to repeat last year and picked the Ducks AGAIN this year.....

McGuire makes me want to drop kick my TV

1130 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:TSN picked the Ducks to repeat last year and picked the Ducks AGAIN this year.....

McGuire makes me want to drop kick my TV

Pffft. Please. Wings, Sharks, Stars all have legitimately better teams now that Schneider and O'Donnell are gone and Ken Klee is in.

They have zero chance IMHO.

1230 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Empty Re: 30 teams in 30 days: Ottawa Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:24 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

MurderOnIce wrote:

I think what we have here is a very different team than we have been used to in years past. We have the most irritating team to play against in the league. Ruutu is everyone's most hated player, Neil is not too far behind and Bass will find a way onto that list. If you add Fisher who hits like a monster and Schubert on the fourth line running around, we will lead the league in hits. that is not even to mention the backend where coaches will keep their top line away from Philly and Volchenkov as much as possible just to get stuck playing against Jason Smith. Ask Cindy how much he enjoyed that experience in the playoffs. Suffice to say that every team that comes to town will be saying 'Sh!t not these a-holes again' which suits me just fine. That is not to mention the fact that we have three of the top ten offensive players in the league up front.

Playoffs are a lock. Book it! TSN can write any article they want from Toronto where the playoffs will continue to be Blue and White free.

Great post!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum