GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Balsilie well on his way to buying the Preds?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had to post this, because it's still got me scratching my head...

www.hockeyleaks.com

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

His lawyer is denying the rumours...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/09/29/balsillie_predators/

And the donkey rodeo continues.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes please!

Destinations:

- Anywhere but Nashville

- Metro Toronto area (Hamilton)

- Winnipeg (lack of corporate sponsors might be an issue, but Balsille can fix that)

Next on the list to gas:

Florida, Phoenix, Carolina and Long Island. Your days are all numbered.

But please save Columbus. Ohio is a good hockey state, it'll work out when they taste a bit of success.

Now go...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL @ Heater.

Well said dude. I could see Winnipeg getting a team again at some point. Die-hard market there, and as the saying goes in regards to sponsors: If you build it, they will come.

Phoenix is safe, for now I think. But Florida and Long Island could be in serious trouble, if they aren't already.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:LOL @ Heater.

Well said dude. I could see Winnipeg getting a team again at some point. Die-hard market there, and as the saying goes in regards to sponsors: If you build it, they will come.

Phoenix is safe, for now I think. But Florida and Long Island could be in serious trouble, if they aren't already.

I'd also like to see Quebec City get a team again... Those were some pretty awesome games between the Nordiques and the Habs... It would bring back some rivalries and i'm pretty sure Quebec City would have the fan support given the chance again...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

good point Smash!
Although, with the tax implications, I don't know if Quebec could land another team, but hey, weirder things happen...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:good point Smash!
Although, with the tax implications, I don't know if Quebec could land another team, but hey, weirder things happen...

Yeah I'm not exactly familiar with why they lost their team in the first place... Is that why? I was always under the impression that they had the fan support... I know they had issues with the arena not being big enough, but it's really too bad, because they definitely know their hockey up there, and would bring another element to the league... Can't be too fun for visiting teams when they go to Quebec City.. I have a feeling it would be pretty intimidating!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum