GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joining Twitter and following hockey people

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Twitter's a neat way of getting instant updates without writing a blog.

If anyone's interested, I'm there under SpezDispenser.

I'm following:

Dallas Dave, McKenzie, Dreger, NHLSouresSay, DavetheRave etc.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

You should follow Dan O'Toole. He doesn't really do rumours, but he's hilarious.

Matthew Perry has the occasional funny tweet as well.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DavetheRave? Of GMHockey fame?

SpezDispenser wrote:Twitter's a neat way of getting instant updates without writing a blog.

I'm following:

huh? davetherave from this site (well, used to be perhaps? I haven't seem him)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, for what it's worth I joined up. I came up with a clever userid -- "twalter" (my first name is Walter) but someone had clevered me to it; so I ended up going as "MrMontagoose" Smile
OK, so, now what?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Twitter's a neat way of getting instant updates without writing a blog.

I'm following:

So, I decided to sign up and see what all the fuss is about. Here goes nothing.

Listed as spader_mac

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hardly ever tweet anything. Other than the hockey-related ones some fun ones to follow are the ones associated with your favorite TV shows. Quite often either the actors or their characters will have accounts. For example, Nathan Fillion (currently of "Castle" fame, formerly Cap'n Mal on Firefly) often will tweet along while watching the show (yes, he watches his own show). I also like NBC's "Community" and all the major characters have twitter accounts (including the monkey named "Annie's Boobs" -- hey, if they can say it on TV, I can say it here!)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also twitter is the *best* place to find info on breaking news stories. It'll be there before it's on CNN.com, and twitter will have local stuff that you'll never find anywhere else. Like that car that caught fire in the parking lot of Halogen a couple of weeks ago -- driving in I saw the smoke and had no idea what it was; then I searched for "fire kanata" and there it was. Same thing with the recent power failure here -- it only lasted about 10 minutes and there was at least a dozen tweets about it during that span (I guess those people must have been using their mobile).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum