GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Linesman's neck cut by skate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Linesman's neck cut by skate Empty Linesman's neck cut by skate Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2009/12/30/12302276-cp.html?cid=rsssportsslam!%20hockey

Scary, happened at a Junior C game. He skated off the ice gushing blood but then collapsed before he reached the benches. He was rushed to hospital and there's no word yet on his condition.

2Linesman's neck cut by skate Empty Re: Linesman's neck cut by skate Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's more:
http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2240566

Woodstock's Craig Thomson had just scored to tie the game 4-4 and during the ensuing celebration got into a fight with New Hamburg's Reid Oliver behind the Firebirds net.

The pair traded punches along the boards as Brown and Byers watched.

Thomson threw Oliver to the ice, propelling Oliver's right leg through the air like a cartwheel and slicing Brown's throat beneath the chinstrap on the right side of his face.

Brown, initially oblivious to the injury, continued to break up the fight as blood spurted from a severed artery and pooled at his skates.

When he realized the severity of what had happened, Brown, whom Byers said was from the Sebringville area, immediately placed his left hand on the gaping wound and skated to the Firebirds bench.

3Linesman's neck cut by skate Empty Re: Linesman's neck cut by skate Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently he is now in stable condition:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/hockey/nhl/wires/12/30/2040.ap.hko.linesman.injured.0199/

4Linesman's neck cut by skate Empty Re: Linesman's neck cut by skate Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well so much for the previous report, his condition has changed for the worse and he's fighting for his life now:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4781782

5Linesman's neck cut by skate Empty Re: Linesman's neck cut by skate Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can't believe I'm the only one following the story here.

6Linesman's neck cut by skate Empty Re: Linesman's neck cut by skate Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I can't believe I'm the only one following the story here.

I would say the count of 70 views would argue that point. There's not really much to add to this. Scary for sure.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum