GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should they review the puck hitting the netting before a goal?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I saw this on TSN.ca and I couldn't help but wonder if the answer is as obvious as I think it is.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=295526

I personally don't think it should be reviewed. Do players stop playing when they're sure it's an offside or an icing call? Sometimes they do. Do players stop jabbing at a puck, covered by the goalie? No not usually.

The answer is quite simple. If there's no whistle KEEP PLAYING. Shouldn't that be a no brainer?

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

agreed fully clutch, if you stop playing and you don't hear a whistle, I fault the player, not the referee, the example of players jamming away at the puck when the goalie has it covered is perfect.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Play the whistle. Never assume. Simple as that. Rule applies to all sports.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed, play till there's a whistle.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I definitely agree with McKenzie on this one -- play the whistle. The glass is an arbitrarily-set limit. Before the mesh was added the puck could hit near the top, sail over the top of the glass and come back down -- it would still be in play. On both the plays this year that led to goals it looked like that's what would have happened if the mesh wasn't there. Just play on until the zebras tell you to stop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum