GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackhawks Pick Up Andrew Ebbett Off Waivers; Hawks roster moves

+3
PTFlea
PKC
Tuk Tuk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

32 points in 48 games last year for the Ducks...weird Blackhawks Pick Up Andrew Ebbett Off Waivers; Hawks roster moves Suspect

Per TSN

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Very weird.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the hell?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Two things to remember here:

1. When you pick up a guy on waivers, you have to play him on your roster. Does CHI even have room? And if so, for how long?

2. If the team who claims him then tries to send that same player down to the minors / waive him, then his original team (ANA, here) gets first crack at claiming him. And then, if claimed, he would join ANA's minor affiliate.

My guess is you'll see Ebbett back with the Ducks before long -- either that, or he sticks with CHI for the year (which would mean a stellar performance right out of the gate). ANA and PHO did something very similiar with Joachim Lindstrom last year. It's pretty common.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Blackhawks may have picked up Ebbett as 'insurance' because Dave Bolland is suffering from ongoing back problems.

I watched Ebbett in a number of Ducks games last year...he's fast and a responsible two way player. +8 for Anaheim.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote: When you pick up a guy on waivers, you have to play him on your roster. Does CHI even have room? And if so, for how long?

Burish, Hossa and Eager are on IR. That lowers the cap hit for Chicago.

Players' salaries are counted against the cap not on a yearly, but on a daily basis.

CapGeek and NHLNumbers will, at best, only give you an approximation of the current status of any given team.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah but what are they gonna do with Skille?

rooneypoo wrote:Two things to remember here:

1. When you pick up a guy on waivers, you have to play him on your roster. Does CHI even have room? And if so, for how long?

2. If the team who claims him then tries to send that same player down to the minors / waive him, then his original team (ANA, here) gets first crack at claiming him. And then, if claimed, he would join ANA's minor affiliate.

My guess is you'll see Ebbett back with the Ducks before long -- either that, or he sticks with CHI for the year (which would mean a stellar performance right out of the gate). ANA and PHO did something very similiar with Joachim Lindstrom last year. It's pretty common.

He also cannot be traded this season if I understand correctly.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Yeah but what are they gonna do with Skille?

Skille is playing tonight, Ebbett a healthy scratch.

If you are asking me to predict the future, that's another matter.
Blackhawks Pick Up Andrew Ebbett Off Waivers; Hawks roster moves Icon_smile

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Two things to remember here:

He also cannot be traded this season if I understand correctly.

If you gentlemen are interested in knowing the facts about waivers, you may peruse the NHL CBA.

http://www.nhl.com/cba/2005-CBA.pdf
or
http://www.nhlpa.com/CBA/2005CBA.asp

The Waiver chapter is Article 13.

Enjoy.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote: He also cannot be traded this season if I understand correctly.

From the CBA, Article 13.20b:

A Player who has been acquired by Waiver claim shall not be Traded to another Club until the termination of Playoffs of the season in which he was acquired unless he is first offered on the same terms to the Club(s) that entered a claim when Waivers were requested originally and the offer has been refused.

So your understanding is partly incorrect.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
rooneypoo wrote: When you pick up a guy on waivers, you have to play him on your roster. Does CHI even have room? And if so, for how long?

Burish, Hossa and Eager are on IR. That lowers the cap hit for Chicago.

Players' salaries are counted against the cap not on a yearly, but on a daily basis.

CapGeek and NHLNumbers will, at best, only give you an approximation of the current status of any given team.

I'm not talking about cap room. I'm talking about roster room -- i.e., Ebbett actually getting on the ice and playing for CHI. When you
claim a player like this, you either have to play him or risk losing
him again.

I'm well aware of how a team's cap hit is calculated, thanks. Smile

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

A Player who has been acquired by Waiver claim shall not be Traded to another Club until the termination of Playoffs of the season in which he was acquired unless he is first offered on the same terms to the Club(s) that entered a claim when Waivers were requested originally and the offer has been refused.

LOL. He's also largely correct. Smile

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
davetherave wrote:

LOL. He's also largely correct. Blackhawks Pick Up Andrew Ebbett Off Waivers; Hawks roster moves Icon_smile

Such is life, my friend. A mixture of partly correct and partly incorrect understandings and misunderstandings.

And as for what the Hawks will do with Ebbett, you'll see soon enough.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
davetherave wrote:

LOL. He's also largely correct. Blackhawks Pick Up Andrew Ebbett Off Waivers; Hawks roster moves Icon_smile

Such is life, my friend. A mixture of partly correct and partly incorrect understandings and misunderstandings.

And as for what the Hawks will do with Ebbett, you'll see soon enough.

My money is on this being Joachim Lindstrom revisited. Especially when all those injured CHI players you mention start returning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum