GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who are these Sabres?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who are these Sabres? Empty Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Off to a 4-0-1 start... top of the NE... what?

2Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:39 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

ya and scoring tons of goal!

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

3Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:51 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:ya and scoring tons of goal!

I think more importantly they've allowed the fewest goals against in the NHL. Pretty impressive.

4Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:56 am

The best team they have played thus far is Pheonix and it was at home. They have not done anything impressive thus far but beat the teams they should beat.

5Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:51 pm

They also started something like 6-0-2 last year and ended up missing the playoffs. A team like Buffalo needs to stay injury free in order to make the playoffs I think.

6Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:53 pm

PKC wrote:

I think more importantly they've allowed the fewest goals against in the NHL. Pretty impressive.

They've played less games though. Calgary is already at 8 GP. Atlanta is at 4. Stupid schedule.

Even more impressive is Phoenix who's given up only 9 goals in 6 games.

7Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

2 words.

Ryan Miller

8Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:The best team they have played thus far is Pheonix and it was at home. They have not done anything impressive thus far but beat the teams they should beat.

Except for the Phoenix part, you just described the Sens.

9Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Which is fine, but Buffalo hasnt done anythign impressive and they have the exact same core as they have had the last 2 or 3 years, they should be clicking.

10Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:56 pm

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:The best team they have played thus far is Pheonix and it was at home. They have not done anything impressive thus far but beat the teams they should beat.

Except for the Phoenix part, you just described the Sens.

Should they have beaten the Sharks though? Regardless, the fans (all 38 of them) should be happy with their start regardless of the competition.

11Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What? We are talking about Buffalo and Ottawa having beaten teams that are, for the most part, not at the top of the league. I think you were talking about the Coyotes beating the Sharks?

12Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They also played the Red Wings. After they got back from Europe and had a couple games here. Are you sure you want to still be on record as saying that Phoenix (try it, you might like it) is better than Detroit?

13Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:32 pm

To this point in time, Pheonix has been the best team they played. Detroit's goaltending is making it really tough to consider them a legit contender. Osgood has been brutal and he doesnt have Hasek, Conklin, Vernon there waiting to pick him up, he has Howard... Detroit is in tough this year wth those two. Right now the way things are going right now, I might say Detroit could miss the playoffs, not that I think Pheonix will.

14Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:16 pm

wprager wrote:What? We are talking about Buffalo and Ottawa having beaten teams that are, for the most part, not at the top of the league. I think you were talking about the Coyotes beating the Sharks?

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. I was referring to N4L's assertion that the Coyotes are beating teams they should beat. This of course coming from the guy who said that they'll be the worst team in the West this year, so I guess they shouldn't really be beating anyone.

15Who are these Sabres? Empty Re: Who are these Sabres? Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Are you sure you want to still be on record as saying that Phoenix (try it, you might like it) is better than Detroit?

N4L wrote:To this point in time, Pheonix has been the best team they played.

I guess not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum