GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zubov trained in Russia this summer?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Empty Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.khl.ru/media/photo?PAGE_NAME=section&SECTION_ID=1251

Here are some pictures of Zubov training with Kovalchuk, Zherdev and Filatov. There's a feeling amongst some Sens' fans that the training regiments and conditioning staff is below par since Randy Lee got promoted away from that job, so Zubov chose to train in Russia with these guys.

Anyway, good to see him working with Kovalchuk et. all.

2Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Empty Re: Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:11 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Could be good for him. I get the feeling that his time is running out with the Sens. The team is simply too full of bottom 6 forwards for anyone to jump into the fray at this point (with the possible exception of Regin or Smith), especially considering that Schubie is unlikely to ever nail down a full time role on D.

3Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Empty Re: Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

have a feeling it's either now or never for Zubov, I hear a lot of you guys saying he has a lot of talent, so he must have a work ethic problem I guess?

4Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Empty Re: Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 am

It's a Russian problem. For every Malkin or Ovechkin there are about 10 Nikulin's. Just the way they are wired in terms of hockey.

5Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Empty Re: Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:It's a Russian problem. For every Malkin or Ovechkin there are about 10 Nikulin's. Just the way they are wired in terms of hockey.

great, another Nikulin or what was his name, Kaigorodov? we had enough of those types of russians.

6Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Empty Re: Zubov trained in Russia this summer? Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:08 am

I wouldnt say he is that bad, at all, but he has to turn heads at this point. He def has an NHL career ahead of him but what role? What team?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum