GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Radulov BOMBSHELL

+3
Money Farmer
Cronie
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Radulov BOMBSHELL Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

"My information is that the player very much wants to return and play
in the NHL. I have that on extremely good authority. He's tried the
KHL. He's seen what it has to offer for a few games already. He was
quite successful last year for the Nashville Predators. I think,
long-term, Alexander wants to play in the NHL. I believe there is an
outcome which is doable, which will involve some type of an agreement
between the NHL, the KHL, the player himself and the Predators."

NHLPA executive director Paul Kelly on Bill Watter's radio show yesterday.

KHL is dying, averaging in the area of 3000 fans per game. Radulov sees the green over here now in technicolour. Little punk.

But good for the NHL and the Preds - if his own teammates don't kill him first.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHLPA-director-Radulov-wants-to-leave-KHL-rejo?urn=nhl,107077

2Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Agreed.

Seems like a drag though that he gets to come back with no worries...

3Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Agreed.

Except that everyone hates him now, but aside from that, he's got no worries... :D

4Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:37 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Agreed.

Except that everyone hates him now, but aside from that, he's got no worries... :D

Touché! LMAO

Keep your head up buddy! LOL

5Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Money Farmer

Money Farmer
Prospect
Prospect

He should be kicked out of the NHLPA.

IMHO

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

6Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:17 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Money Farmer wrote:He should be kicked out of the NHLPA.

IMHO

The ramifications of the NHLPA refusing to represent one of its players would be so massive that they would never even consider the option, let alone go through with it. Just the legal mess alone that it would create would put the PA in a tough spot with other players who might feel that their rights might be infringed upon as well by their own representative union.

He'll most likely get a severe awakening in his return to the dressing room with guys giving him the thousand yard stare and such. He might also be played sparingly, just so that the coach can send a message on behalf of the organization and then he might have to work his way back into the upper echelons of the talent ladder.

7Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:25 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Any word on how Emery is playing?

8Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
Money Farmer wrote:He should be kicked out of the NHLPA.

IMHO

The ramifications of the NHLPA refusing to represent one of its players would be so massive that they would never even consider the option, let alone go through with it. Just the legal mess alone that it would create would put the PA in a tough spot with other players who might feel that their rights might be infringed upon as well by their own representative union.

He'll most likely get a severe awakening in his return to the dressing room with guys giving him the thousand yard stare and such. He might also be played sparingly, just so that the coach can send a message on behalf of the organization and then he might have to work his way back into the upper echelons of the talent ladder.

He is a free agent in a year, no?
What are the odds that his value just dropped though the floor?

As good as he is - how many GMs are going to take a chance on a long term contract with a guy who has already demonstrated that he is willing to break not one, but two contracts (first Nashville, then the KHL team).

And what credibility will he have with his future team-mates?

9Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:55 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:

As good as he is - how many GMs are going to take a chance on a long term contract with a guy who has already demonstrated that he is willing to break not one, but two contracts (first Nashville, then the KHL team).

Radulov is an RFA this year; he has 3-4 more years, I believe, before he hits UFA.

We can bash Radulov all we like, but the fact remains that the guy is a great f'ing player. If he is genuinely regretting his decision to go to the KHL, if only sees himself playing in the NHL, and if he's worn out his welcome in Nashville -- and I don't know if any of those 'ifs' is true, but if -- then just about every GM in the league should have some interest in this guy. The apparent attitude / money-grubbling aspect is disconcerting, to be sure, but there's no doubting his ability -- the guy is headed for PPG+ status very soon.

Right now, he's a high risk / high reward guy, and I'm sure there are many GMs out there desperate enough for offense to give him a go. If he can be had on the right terms, I'd certainly be interested. He's just too good to write off entirely. Who knows what factors influenced his poor decision -- family? agent(s)? homesickness / cultural alienation? I don't mean to make excuses for him, but I just think we might want to reserve judgment here until the waters have cleared a little.

10Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:07 am

And its not like Nashville is an international hub...That is redneck country and it is nothing like it is up north...I'm betting that had something to do with it.

11Radulov BOMBSHELL Empty Re: Radulov BOMBSHELL Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:14 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Radulov is an RFA this year; he has 3-4 more years, I believe, before he hits UFA.

We can bash Radulov all we like, but the fact remains that the guy is a great f'ing player. If he is genuinely regretting his decision to go to the KHL, if only sees himself playing in the NHL, and if he's worn out his welcome in Nashville -- and I don't know if any of those 'ifs' is true, but if -- then just about every GM in the league should have some interest in this guy. The apparent attitude / money-grubbling aspect is disconcerting, to be sure, but there's no doubting his ability -- the guy is headed for PPG+ status very soon.

Right now, he's a high risk / high reward guy, and I'm sure there are many GMs out there desperate enough for offense to give him a go. If he can be had on the right terms, I'd certainly be interested. He's just too good to write off entirely. Who knows what factors influenced his poor decision -- family? agent(s)? homesickness / cultural alienation? I don't mean to make excuses for him, but I just think we might want to reserve judgment here until the waters have cleared a little.

Damn. Something to think about for sure.

I could JM in Florida making a pitch; as they are STARVING for offence IMHO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum