GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

whoa! Fredericton's finest at work...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1whoa!  Fredericton's finest at work... Empty whoa! Fredericton's finest at work... Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:00 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I am still in awe!

Back on July 18th, a Corporal and his new fiancée went out to celebrate their engagement by stopping at a local dance club in downtown Fredericton called Sweetwaters (that a few of my friends and I affectionately refer to as "Slutwaters" or the local meat market, but that's besides the point) and upon landing at the front door, the bouncers refused him, his fiancee and their friends entry to the club, claiming that they recognized this corporal as being responsible for a previous scuffle a few weeks back. As it turns out, they were wrong, they had him literally confused with someone else, and what ensues is, well, if a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a video documentation worth?

You all decide... but for what it's worth, it's turned in to a MASSIVE scandal in New Brunswick's capital city...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwejxZ0VzTA

At first, the local police chief refused to suspend anyone pending the investigation, but 24 following his first press-conference, this "footage" surfaced on Youtube, and immediately following that, one member was immediately suspended.

For more coverage, you can check out cbc.ca and check on NB news. Needless to say, I am appalled and shocked.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, they broke the guy's back?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2009/07/23/nb-witnesses-soldier-fredericton-police-220.html

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holy moly. Hopefully he's ok and can perform his tour of duty.

While I think 4 cops on one guy who is down and then driving a knee into his back is dispicable and without excuse... it usually involves some type of bad behaviour the other way.

This is one bad case of abuse but having plenty of friends in the Police force (and the Armed Services) but it is a crappy job responding to bar brawls. You are relying on the bouncer's story immediately as you have to assume they are the most sober and in most cases already have established relationships. Mix that with alcohol, sometimes drugs, frustration and temper on the part of the patron. Then there's a powder keg that officers can't afford to let get out of hand.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I couldn't agree more MOI. My old man was a Member, and I currently am employed with the RCMP, and I have 2 best friends who have served tours of duty in Afghanistan and other city cop friends so I do sympathize with the 'good cops' left who have to feel they must now defend their records and behavior, etc...

Domestic disputes and bar brawls are the two WORST calls to respond to.

This situation is horrible, and I suppose it could have WAY worse (ie tasers, etc...) but thankfully the guy is more or less alright, minus the two broken vertabrae, swollen eye, etc...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

very nasty situation to be in for sure, trying to remember if sweetwaters (or slutwaters as you called it cronie, glad to see things haven't chance since I lived on campus back in 1999) or the upper deck where I almost saw something similar (not involving the cops though), it was one big guy versus a guy about my size, 170 lbs soaking wet and around 6 ft tall, the big guy picked the little guy up and slammed him down on one of those dividers leading into the club, did not look very good at all, I don't believe he was hurt, but damn it looked bad.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:While I think 4 cops on one guy who is down and then driving a knee into his back is dispicable and without excuse... it usually involves some type of bad behaviour the other way.

This is one bad case of abuse but having plenty of friends in the Police force (and the Armed Services) but it is a crappy job responding to bar brawls. You are relying on the bouncer's story immediately as you have to assume they are the most sober and in most cases already have established relationships. Mix that with alcohol, sometimes drugs, frustration and temper on the part of the patron. Then there's a powder keg that officers can't afford to let get out of hand.

I don't know. From what I've seen, Five-O seems to like impressing the drunken skanks who are in close proximity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum