GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin"

+4
SensFan71
Hoags
Mojo
Vandelay
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/07/13/10121826.html

Not sure how much truth there is to this, although I can't blame them. I guess we'll see if they sign another player or two or else make a trade with someone else, we'll know the door is closed there and the odds of Heatley in a sens uni at the start of camp is that much more likely...

2"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:34 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I think it would probably be easier to write a list of the people whose patients is not wearing thin!

3"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:06 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Edmonton should've pulled out long time ago, he clearly doesn't want to play for them.

4"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:30 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

don't blame Edmonton for this approach at all, so Heatley, suck it up if there is no dream offer out there for you, it's either Edmonton or you have to face the music here in Ottawa again, Spezza gets married this weekend, so keep your eye out for Heatley in the city, am sure he got an invite.

5"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:43 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:Edmonton should've pulled out long time ago, he clearly doesn't want to play for them.

Seriously, I don't know why they have kept the offer on the table this long either. I mean, not only are the willing to take on a player that clearly has some issues he needs to work out, this player is very open about the fact that he doesn't want to play there...it looks really desperate on their part.

6"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:21 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think everyone is over reading the article.

In the article he says a "league source" says the Oilers MAY pull the offer for Heatley at some point in time, possibly even today.

I'd chalk the whole article up to a slow news day, but hey maybe later today the Sun will mention that the Sens signed another defensemen..... Sarcasm

23 year-old Geoff Kinrade signed a one-year, two-way contract.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

7"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

The other thing is that as far as Bryan Murray is concerned, the deal, as it was prior to July 1st (11:59pm), is not on the table anymore so Edmonton has to sweeten the pot THEN convince Heatley; good luck on both counts...

8"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:28 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well then the Sun will only be a few days behind as the Sens site had that bulletin on July 10, guess they got stuck at the buffet table a bit when it comes to the real news, Kinrade will be a great addition to Bingo.

9"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:31 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Kinrade sounds like he could be a solid call-up when the injury bug strikes.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

10"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would be nice. Kinrade and Schira both sound really solid.

11"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:The other thing is that as far as Bryan Murray is concerned, the deal, as it was prior to July 1st (11:59pm), is not on the table anymore so Edmonton has to sweeten the pot THEN convince Heatley; good luck on both counts...

Considering how desperate Edmonton seems to land Heatley I think they'd be able to up the ante.

The only question is does Dany want to play here or Edmonton as it doesn't appear anyone else can make an offer.

12"Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Empty Re: "Oilers' Patience Wearing thin" Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i say let the door close if they can't renegotiate a trade that will see some salary go out the door with him. seriously i think that for ottawa the best is to see how desperate some teams get as we near the camp. if all else fails he'll play and like mentioned before i'm sure he'll put in a good olympic year. then it's a trade deadline auction!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum