GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who wants Pominville?

+4
Phoenix30
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who wants Pominville? Empty Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Apparently, Pominville talks are not going well (as per HB) will Buffalo.

I would give my left Macadamia to get this guy on the Sens......

I know, I know he's an RFA....

2Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not going well eh? That's not good news for the Sabres based on how previous negotiations have gone with the likes of Briere, Drury and Campbell. I wonder if Pominville is the next to leave town?

- Unknown Author

3Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a 5 X 5 to offer.

4Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How the heck do we make room for that?

- Unknown Author

5Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:27 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I don't care, just do it. The guy is heart and grit on skates. It will never happen though....

6Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, you're probably right 29. It's an interesting bit of news none the less :D

- Unknown Author

7Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:How the heck do we make room for that?

5 million for the second liner we've always wanted? I'll make room, how much do we need? We have 4 and we want to keep 1.5, so we have 2.5, we need another 2.5...

McAmmond is 0.875, so we need another 1.5 million give or take...Neil is 1.1, if you want to keep him, Schubert is 0.880, if you want to keep him...and so on.

Pomminville is the kind of guy that would look very good on the Sens.

8Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:52 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

5 million for the second liner we've always wanted? I'll make room, how much do we need? We have 4 and we want to keep 1.5, so we have 2.5, we need another 2.5...

McAmmond is 0.875, so we need another 1.5 million give or take...Neil is 1.1, if you want to keep him, Schubert is 0.880, if you want to keep him...and so on.

So we dont have to make room right now as he comes cheap so we can worry about resiging him in the off season as he is an RFA. as well Between Kuba and Gerber off the books we could afford him

Ok,

To Buffalo:
Nikulin
Schubert
Hennessy

To Ottawa:
Pomeville
4th round pick

9Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:56 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

So we dont have to make room right now as he comes cheap so we can worry about resiging him in the off season as he is an RFA. as well Between Kuba and Gerber off the books we could afford him

Ok,

To Buffalo:
Nikulin
Schubert
Hennessy

To Ottawa:
Pomeville
4th round pick
That doesn't really free up the needed room.

I'd offer for him this:

McCammond, Nikulin, Neil and San Jose's 1st

For Pominville

Heatley-Spezza-Vermette
Alfie-Fisher-Pominville
Ruttu-Kelly-Foligno
Donovan/Winchester-Bass-Schubert

10Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Ok,

To Buffalo:
Nikulin
Schubert
Hennessy

To Ottawa:
Pomeville
4th round pick

I'd offer for him this:

For Pominville

Heatley-Spezza-Vermette
Alfie-Fisher-Pominville
Ruttu-Kelly-Foligno

Hmmm. Counter offer by the Sabres (and it's an obvious one because of his father)

Foligno and a 2nd

for

Pomminville.

Straight up challenge.

11Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Ok,

To Buffalo:
Nikulin
Schubert
Hennessy
McAmmond

To Ottawa:
Pomeville
4th round pick

I'd offer for him this:

McCammond, Foligno and Neil

For Pominville

I don't like giving up on Foligno, but Pominville would solidify this roster.

Heatley-Spezza-Vermette
Alfie-Fisher-Pominville
Ruttu-Kelly-Winchester
Donovan-Bass-Schubert

I think Foligno could come out of your proposal and just add McAmmond to mine. Buffalo gets some solid depth and leadership. As for Neil I am not comfortable with keeping him in the east. I'd rather send him out west if possible.

Fisher – Spezza – Heatley

Pominville - Vermette - Alfie

Donovan Kelly - Folingo

Winchester– Bass – Ruuto

So here is another question if a package could be put together who would prefer O'Sullivan or Pomiville?

12Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Get on the horn, Gillis.

To Buffalo

Kevin Bieksa
Los Angeles's 3rd rounder (from Cloutier)
Janick Hansen

To Vancouver

Jason Pominville

Probably wouldnt be enough, but we really dont have alot of trade bait, although Bieksa would certainly help their "D", and god knows we need some goals.

13Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Ok,

To Buffalo:
Nikulin
Schubert
Hennessy

To Ottawa:
Pomeville
4th round pick

I'd offer for him this:

For Pominville

Heatley-Spezza-Vermette
Alfie-Fisher-Pominville
Ruttu-Kelly-Foligno

Hmmm. Counter offer by the Sabres (and it's an obvious one because of his father)

Foligno and a 2nd

for

Pomminville.

Straight up challenge.

as much as I love Foligno, Pominville is >

14Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that's hilarious... WhambamCam and I were discussing this VERY topic earlier in the day. He asked me point blank if I would take him, assuming Murray could finesse him over and cap-wise it would fit, and I had actually said a vehement YES!

A 70pt guy on a team that lost Drury, Briere and were struggling to snag 8th place. I'd LOVE to have him suit up for the Sens.

I agree with Heater too... Whatever Murray needs to do to make room, DO IT!

I'd hate to lose Foligno, because mark my words, he is going to have an AMAZING season this year...

15Who wants Pominville? Empty Re: Who wants Pominville? Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
as much as I love Foligno, Pominville is >

Oh for sure, but he's older and is about to be way more expensive. So you get a first rounder who's NHL ready and a 2nd rounder.

Not sure they'd do it with Schubert or something of value (not McAmmond, sorry), but it's worth a try.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum