GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Welcome Aboard » Introductions » SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater)

SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:25 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Oh, by the way, that's my suggestion for your new nickname of nickname -- 'Spenser, short for Dispense, of course. You can be Spenser for Hire as well.

If you wish. Either way, it's gonna take me another 5 years to get used to it - and by then Spezza might be on his way out. 🇬🇬

New NHL. Diddle. I'm never buying another jersey. I have a black one from the good old days with Yashin taken off and Alfie put on.

That's do. I'll buy shirts from now on, screw this noise. 🇬🇬

17SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:By the way, Heater 'spenser, did something just change with the banner ads? My CPU fan is going nuts and I see that the banner ads up-top are scrolling around wildly. Have pity on those of us who have little puny e-Machines.

Although I had to upgrade to a video card (over the on-board one) so my son can play Sims 3, and I just got my 2nd GB of RAM. Incidentally, NCIX.com is running a promo where express shipping is $10. I ordered late yesterday afternoon and received is about an hour ago.

I changed the affiliates into a scrolling anouncement. I personally like it.

18SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:33 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:By the way, Heater 'spenser, did something just change with the banner ads? My CPU fan is going nuts and I see that the banner ads up-top are scrolling around wildly. Have pity on those of us who have little puny e-Machines.

Although I had to upgrade to a video card (over the on-board one) so my son can play Sims 3, and I just got my 2nd GB of RAM. Incidentally, NCIX.com is running a promo where express shipping is $10. I ordered late yesterday afternoon and received is about an hour ago.

may I steal your computer, my wife wants sims 3 and my piece of junk at home won't run it, and I would have to upgrade the motherboard in order to get a PCI express video card.

You don't need a PCI-Express card. My PC didn't even have an AGP slot but I managed to snag a GeForce FX 5200 PCI locally, for $35. I was looking for a long time, though.

The card you need has to support Pixel Shader 2.0. Wikipedia has a table of which cards support it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_shader

If you have an AGP slot (same size as PCI, but set back and brown, instead of white) then your options are much moe open than mine.

Just go to ShopBot.ca and type the name of a card (e.g. "geforce fx 5200") to look for best online deals. In my case I could not find anything in the price range I'd set for myself, but at least I had a ballpark. Then I googled "ottawa computer stores", found a page with links to several, checked their inventory online and about 2 hours later I had my card. And a lot cheaper than the onle places.

NCIX.com has a GeForce FX 5200 AGP for $25 (that's including the $11 instant rebate and a $10 MIR). They'll ship it to you for $10 overnight. That card has VGA and S-Video out. If you have a newer LCD monitor and need DVI, then you'd probably need to look for a slightly different model. Or, if you have an older monitor, like me, then be wary of DVI-out, since you may need a DVI-I to VGA adapter (those are about $6 online, but make sure you get the right orientation -- M/F or F/M).

19SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:By the way, Heater 'spenser, did something just change with the banner ads? My CPU fan is going nuts and I see that the banner ads up-top are scrolling around wildly. Have pity on those of us who have little puny e-Machines.

Although I had to upgrade to a video card (over the on-board one) so my son can play Sims 3, and I just got my 2nd GB of RAM. Incidentally, NCIX.com is running a promo where express shipping is $10. I ordered late yesterday afternoon and received is about an hour ago.

I changed the affiliates into a scrolling anouncement. I personally like it.

I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to re-enabled AdBlock, then. My PC, even with the video card, just can't handle it.

20SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Dezza

Dezza
Prospect
Prospect
Hello SpezDispenser
You always write a great piece to read Weldon buddy.
[/b][/b]

http://www.sportsdale.com

21SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:50 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Oh, by the way, that's my suggestion for your new nickname of nickname -- 'Spenser, short for Dispense, of course. You can be Spenser for Hire as well.

We do need to get him a new nickname, otherwise people will still call him Heater and the likes... Spenser is good, but i've known to many prats by that name.

I was thinking like LowDef or something like that... I get to LowDef through this route:

SpezDispenser = SD
SD = Standard Definition
Standard Definition = LowDef...

Although LowDef could also be LowRez... We need to get Clutchie in on this though, he's a fan of the nickname creation and has come up with the majority of the ones here.

22SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dezza wrote:Hello SpezDispenser
You always write a great piece to read Weldon buddy.
[/b][/b]

Hey Dezza, thanks man!

23SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:Oh, by the way, that's my suggestion for your new nickname of nickname -- 'Spenser, short for Dispense, of course. You can be Spenser for Hire as well.

We do need to get him a new nickname, otherwise people will still call him Heater and the likes... Spenser is good, but i've known to many prats by that name.

I was thinking like LowDef or something like that... I get to LowDef through this route:

SpezDispenser = SD
SD = Standard Definition
Standard Definition = LowDef...

Although LowDef could also be LowRez... We need to get Clutchie in on this though, he's a fan of the nickname creation and has come up with the majority of the ones here.

Or...you have too much time on your hands? Wink

24SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JizzDispenser...

Heh heh.

25SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
^ You get a kick out of that one, hey Shabbs.... Ahhhhh!

26SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:^ You get a kick out of that one, hey Shabbs.... Ahhhhh!
Yes... yes I do.

27SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:15 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:Oh, by the way, that's my suggestion for your new nickname of nickname -- 'Spenser, short for Dispense, of course. You can be Spenser for Hire as well.

We do need to get him a new nickname, otherwise people will still call him Heater and the likes... Spenser is good, but i've known to many prats by that name.

I was thinking like LowDef or something like that... I get to LowDef through this route:

SpezDispenser = SD
SD = Standard Definition
Standard Definition = LowDef...

Although LowDef could also be LowRez... We need to get Clutchie in on this though, he's a fan of the nickname creation and has come up with the majority of the ones here.

Or...you have too much time on your hands? Wink

If it weren't so true, my feelings would probably be hurt.

28SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Guest


Guest
Heater will always be called Heater. I'm still called Tukker for whatever reason.

29SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:50 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Heater will always be called Heater. I'm still called Tukker for whatever reason.

Cause Guy w/ Mustache is too long... Wasn't there a 'contest' to give you a nickname once you switched to this one... something like dusty won... Guess it didn't stick... it's not close enough to Guy w/ Mustache though... We should call you Turd Ferguson instead.. Haha... Turd ferguson, funny name

30SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Guest


Guest
Isnt Stache simple enough? or TGWTG? Dusty's good too Smile

31SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Isnt Stache simple enough? or TGWTG? Dusty's good too Smile

I could definitely go with Stache, the only problem is that it was self imposed nickname, i've never been a big fan of that. But i'll try. TGWTM is too awkard though, and can get confusing in letters and while reading it. But I like Stache as a nickname.

32SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Guest


Guest
Bass Destruction wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Isnt Stache simple enough? or TGWTG? Dusty's good too Smile

I could definitely go with Stache, the only problem is that it was self imposed nickname, i've never been a big fan of that. But i'll try. TGWTM is too awkard though, and can get confusing in letters and while reading it. But I like Stache as a nickname.

Stache was caps. or do what Dave does and name me based on my avatar that day :^^^^:

33SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) - Page 2 Empty Re: SpezDispenser (formerly 504Heater) on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:22 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
Daily nickname based on your avatar... i like it!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum