GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your favourite thing about GMHockey.com

+9
Phoenix30
beedub
shabbs
asq2
davetherave
PTFlea
SensFan71
caissie_1
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

I just thought I'd ask you all to post what you feel is your favourite thing about this web site.

- Unknown Author

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Well this is the best forum I have been on. Lot's of sens fan who know there stuff. And also somme good smart fans from other teams haha Dave.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I am definitely all about the melding of different perspectives when it comes to the Senators and even hockey in general, like one big meeting of the minds and it allows me to think about certain situations in different perspectives due to all the input from all the esteemed members. Thank you cronie, clutch and heater for making this all a possibility and to DTR for all the entertainment when it comes to breaking down the night's games.

The babes Sarcasm

In all seriousness, i love all the diverse opinions, and how we can discuss without arguing pointlessly(for the most part).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't say enough about the people who come here and chat - there are times when I feel I share more than just hockey talk. There's some pretty in depth discussions, an intimate environment to lay everything on the line, some of the best Sens' talk on the Web. Actually, this site might have the best group of people for talking hockey. You check out Buzz and they have zero idea what's happening, it's depressing. It's always bickering and bantering between Sens fans and Habs/Leafs fans and they're always about 5 days behind us here.

The only other forum that comes close IMO is HFBoards - and I truly find this to be a much more pleasurable place to talk hockey - or talk life. I love it here - and I'm really glad that people have come to call this their hockey forum. We have a lot of cool years to come I would imagine (and hope).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As the site grows we may encounter the odd Troll but hopefully great members breeds more great members. I envision that regardless of our increasing numbers we remain a great place for discussion and become that much greater with increased numbers rather than more troll-ish or whatever the right word is.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also have to say I love the diverse backgrounds here and I can throw a question out on the forum about pretty much anything and someone usually has an answer. We have our Draft experts, our CBA experts, our Tech experts and our History and trivia experts and that is something I really like. I don't know if it's like that in other forums because I only come here and before that I went to the comment section of the Sens blogs over at HBuzz.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we love how Neely appreciates how good of a two way player Spezza is and the effort that Spezza applies to his game, in practice and in each shift he plays. Smile ( I am so going to get it for this)

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Best hockey forum on the web...period.

The folks here are the smartest, most knowledgeable, most fun, and easiest to get along with even if you totally disagree...and ZERO TOLERANCE ANTI-TROLL POLICY.

Thanks for inviting me, gang...

cheers

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Best hockey forum on the web...period.

cheers

Out of curiosity what do you base that statement on? Do you/ Did you go to a lot of other forums. I only ask because that's pretty high praise and I really want to know the answer :D

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:Best hockey forum on the web...period.

cheers

Out of curiosity what do you base that statement on? Do you/ Did you go to a lot of other forums. I only ask because that's pretty high praise and I really want to know the answer :D

Actually, I checked out a lot of forums before you invited me to join...this one checks all the boxes.

What REALLY separates GM from the pack, though, is the superbly effective anti-troll enforcement.

Kudos to you and all the founders/administrators.

Of course, there is always room for improvement :D

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Of course, there is always room for improvement :D

More other-team representation! :D

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Absolutely agree! It's tough right now though, I would imagine over time one will lead to another etc.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:

Yeah, this is the only slight I'd have against the site. It is VERY Sens-heavy, which is fine for Sens fans, but it would be good to have a balanced, league wide representation. That will come over time. This only seems to be an issue with attracting new members as they view it as a "Sens-fan" site with a lot of Sens-bias.

Other than that, great place to talk hockey and have intelligent, rational conversation.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I appreciate this site as it represents a smorgasbord of casual fans, rabid fans and everything in between.

There are members who can give you stats of players who will play in the league in 5 years, there are members who can't remember who Ottawa traded for not two months ago.

No one has a better opinion, nor does anyone have a worse or wrong opinion, becuase that's what they are, opinions.

I enjoy the repartee, the back and forth.

And while there certainly difference of opinions, there aren't any personal attacks or Dung.

I look forward to coming back here every day for a long time

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum