GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!!

+4
rooneypoo
Mojo
jamvan
Cronie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, according to a source, combined with excellent ears and detective work of fellow blogger Senschirp, it appears we both have been tipped that Tampa Bay are in the midst of acquiring their original 3rd pick. The rumor, skeptical albeit at this time, that Tampa Bay has offered Pittsburgh their 2nd in 2010 for their original 3rd.

I was told from a semi-reliable source that the papers have been submitted to head office for approval.

If this is indeed legit, I can't be the only one thinking...*cough* OVERPAYMENT!!

2TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

This would be the most idiotic move ever made, but I certainly hope that it does happen.

I'm getting much different conficting reports.

Got to love the internet rumour mill eh... squirrel

3TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I just saw that Klee posted this, not sure what his sources are. If this is true and they do go for the offer sheet, that means they are paying their 2009 1st, 2009 2nd, and their 2010 2nd to get Meszaros since they have to trade it to Pits for their original 2009 3rd. They must really want Meszaros. An yes, you are right, overpayment!!!

4TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, according to a source, combined with excellent ears and detective work of fellow blogger Senschirp, it appears we both have been tipped that Tampa Bay are in the midst of acquiring their original 3rd pick. The rumor, skeptical albeit at this time, that Tampa Bay has offered Pittsburgh their 2nd in 2010 for their original 3rd.

I was told from a semi-reliable source that the papers have been submitted to head office for approval.

If this is indeed legit, I can't be the only one thinking...*cough* OVERPAYMENT!!

Read what Lyle Richardson, aka Spector, has to say on this issue:

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70:the-latest-senators-news&catid=34:articles&Itemid=55

If I'm reading that right, it's saying that re-acquired picks wouldn't be valid. Spector is quoting Chip McCleary's NHLSCAP as his source on this, and McCleary is, as far as I'm concerned, the fountain of all wisdom when it comes to things salary cap. He works for the NHL in a professional capacity, and on precisely this issue, after all.

5TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:34 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Overpayment and a half. I'll settle for one season of Aucoin for 4 million and enjoy the draft picks this year.

6TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:35 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, according to a source, combined with excellent ears and detective work of fellow blogger Senschirp, it appears we both have been tipped that Tampa Bay are in the midst of acquiring their original 3rd pick. The rumor, skeptical albeit at this time, that Tampa Bay has offered Pittsburgh their 2nd in 2010 for their original 3rd.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70:the-latest-senators-news&catid=34:articles&Itemid=55

If I'm reading that right, it's saying that re-acquired picks wouldn't be valid. Spector is quoting Chip McCleary's NHLSCAP as his source on this, and McCleary is, as far as I'm concerned, the fountain of all wisdom when it comes to things salary cap. He works for the NHL in a professional capacity, and on precisely this issue, after all.

Not true, when I read the CBA yesterday, teams can use their original picks even if reacquired. I'll go get the article right now.

7TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:36 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Not true, when I read the CBA yesterday, teams can use their original picks even if reacquired. I'll go get the article right now.

No need, I just re-read the Spector article and I've misinterpreted him.

8TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:37 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

From the CBA:

Clubs must use their own draft picks
(being those awarded directly to the Club by the League for use by it in the Entry Draft,
including such draft picks described in the first clause of this parenthetical that a Club has
traded or encumbered, and subsequently reacquired or unencumbered.)
Clubs cannot acquire picks to use as compensation (with the exception
being a Club's own draft selections that are traded and then re-acquired).

9TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Insane. Simply mind boggling.

Well good for Mez, getting what he thinks he deserves.

Now lets make a move Murray! lol

10TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mosky wrote:Insane. Simply mind boggling.

Amen to that!

11TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Mosky wrote:Insane. Simply mind boggling.

Amen to that!

Jeez, you just like agreeing with me Cronenbrain... am i beating you to the punch on what you want to say? I'll hold off from now on, so I can agree with what you say for a bit, then we'll switch back :lol!:

12TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:11 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cute guys. Want matching t-shirts too?

13TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Already on order.. I couldnt find one with two neck holes though, so we had to just go for the matching ones. :lol!:

14TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:15 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Mosky wrote:Already on order.. I couldnt find one with two neck holes though, so we had to just go for the matching ones. :lol!:

HAHAHAHA, nice one!

15TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Empty Re: TB acquiring their original 3rd pick!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Mosky wrote:Already on order.. I couldnt find one with two neck holes though, so we had to just go for the matching ones. :lol!:

HAHAHAHA, nice one!

Or insted of matching, just some with a good quote like;

Mine says "I'm Awesome"

and his says " It's True, He Really is!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum