GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why the (heck) is Kuba playing?

+4
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
Sp00nz
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why are they saying that Kuba is suiting up tonight for the Sens on the pre-game?

And...they're so shocked that he's in the lineup, they discussed the possibility that Kuba might have struck a last minute deal here.

Pure speculation, but what gives?

2Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:Why are they saying that Kuba is suiting up tonight for the Sens on the pre-game?

And...they're so shocked that he's in the lineup, they discussed the possibility that Kuba might have struck a last minute deal here.

Pure speculation, but what gives?

I hope not, I like Kuba but I'd rather see his 3-4 million go towards a true number one defenseman.

Doesn't make sense to me either.

3Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Watch out...Kuba's agreed to take what they call a 'hometown discount' to stay with the Sens.

4 million is considered the discount.

No...too much money...I hope they haven't reached an agreement.

4Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:28 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Get a true N1 D for Underwood's sake. Kuba for 4M long term? Id rather wait for the summer and make a push for guys like Ohlund and pay may be 1/1.5 more.

5Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Get a true N1 D for Underwood's sake. Kuba for 4M long term? Id rather wait for the summer and make a push for guys like Ohlund and pay may be 1/1.5 more.

Please, no. The only thing I can think of is that Murray wants to keep Kuba to mentor the younger guys and swallow minutes.

The only way this signing works is if you present us with a number one D-man. Or get Ohlund as well - which would hurt us cap wise. Kuba and Ohlund...9 million as opposed to 7 million you'd pay Bouwmeester...if he would even come here...

Maybe that actually is the thought process.

6Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
marakh wrote:Get a true N1 D for Underwood's sake. Kuba for 4M long term? Id rather wait for the summer and make a push for guys like Ohlund and pay may be 1/1.5 more.

Please, no. The only thing I can think of is that Murray wants to keep Kuba to mentor the younger guys and swallow minutes.

The only way this signing works is if you present us with a number one D-man. Or get Ohlund as well - which would hurt us cap wise. Kuba and Ohlund...9 million as opposed to 7 million you'd pay Bouwmeester...if he would even come here...

Maybe that actually is the thought process.

I personnally like Ohlund way more than Kuba, especially if it's for mentouring young guns. A one or two year deal that's it, not more. Just enough to get Lee/Picard/Campolli comfortable, and one of Karlsson and Wiercioch coming in 2 years. Who knows, may be Philips will leave and make room for Duncan Keith Cleaning

7Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Arghhhhhhhh Nooooooooo Please God Nooooooo.

:pale: Scared Suspect

8Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

could just be with picard injured and bell being waived and lee sent down they are short on d right now and have to play him despite having deals ready to send him out tomorrow

9Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:48 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

You guys are freaking out for little IMO. DOn't forget they still want to win hockey games :^^^^:

10Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:could just be with picard injured and bell being waived and lee sent down they are short on d right now and have to play him despite having deals ready to send him out tomorrow
Put Schubert there. Sign N4L for 1 game. Seriously, if he is a Sen tomorrow at 3PM I am going to burn SBP to the freakin' ground. Frustrated2

11Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Kuba is on the ice. Get my freakin' lighter fluid. Murray needs to be fired RIGHT NOW.

12Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:18 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:could just be with picard injured and bell being waived and lee sent down they are short on d right now and have to play him despite having deals ready to send him out tomorrow
Put Schubert there. Sign N4L for 1 game. Seriously, if he is a Sen tomorrow at 3PM I am going to burn SBP to the freakin' ground. Frustrated2

Exhibit A for the prosecution.

13Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:19 pm

dennycrane wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Exhibit A for the prosecution.
Damn. I'll need an alibi

14Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Why does everyone think that Kuba won't get moved based solely on the fact he's playing tonight? I don't get it... Just because Phoenix sat Morris until he's traded, it definitely doesn't mean the rest of the league follows suit.

I think you guys are freaking yourselves out.

But if he doesn't get moved, i'll be your alibi RobbyJ. That's a contract that puts this team back several years.

15Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Empty Re: Why the (heck) is Kuba playing? Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Jordo wrote:Why does everyone think that Kuba won't get moved based solely on the fact he's playing tonight? I don't get it... Just because Phoenix sat Morris until he's traded, it definitely doesn't mean the rest of the league follows suit.

I think you guys are freaking yourselves out.

But if he doesn't get moved, i'll be your alibi RobbyJ. That's a contract that puts this team back several years.
I just worry about a freak injury. And thanks for the alibi. We may need to nail down some details tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum