GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick?

+4
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
SensFan71
Cronie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:45 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Caught this one earlier this morning...

I have to agree with a lot of our fellow posters, wherein we don't need any more 3rd line centres and if anything, since making the trade with the Isles, Graeme from the 6th Sens may be right: Murray may have single-handidly set the price for puck-moving D men, so essentially, Kuba should fetch more.

Thoughts?

2Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:45 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

yeah am not liking this deal at all. no to Lombardi, hold out for something more Murray, it will come.

3Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's a cheaper replacement for Vermette though. Then we could do the Vermette for Hamhuis package (if it's even on the table) and have Lombardi at 1.8 for another year and Hamhuis as our number 2 D-man.

I think that's the thought process personally.

I would want a nice pick as well though.

4Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:50 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting point Heater.
Would Sutter stinge Murray on the pick?

Maybe that's not such a lobsided deal after all; but I can't help thinking another team wouldn't offer their 1st for Kuba's services...

5Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lombardi would be nothing more than a cost-saver on either Vermette or Kelly who would obviously be on the move after this acquisition.

On the surface, seems like an OK deal but as a setup for another deal, the team goes sideways at best.

6Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Interesting point Heater.
Would Sutter stinge Murray on the pick?

Maybe that's not such a lobsided deal after all; but I can't help thinking another team wouldn't offer their 1st for Kuba's services...

He'd try. Smile

7Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Lombardi would be nothing more than a cost-saver on either Vermette or Kelly who would obviously be on the move after this acquisition.

On the surface, seems like an OK deal but as a setup for another deal, the team goes sideways at best.

Well Murray definitely said he was going to be busy, so you know, won't put anything past him. He still is a shrewd GM and has a few more gems in him.

8Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

If the pick was a 1st.. Maybe, but I really don't think we have any need for Lombardi whatsoever.

9Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Calgary needs scoring. They've lost Bourque and Langkow. They'd be looking for more of a Spezza or Heatley.

10Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:15 pm

bravenash55

Prospect
Prospect

Nah i dont like this deal at all...i dont see how ottawa can give up Kuba+Neil just for lombardi and a pick...nah there gonna give up a d-man for a pick?? wtf no ottawa needs defense to make it any where and they dont have the quality d-men to mkae it far. they have the o-fence Heatly,Spezza [if he doesnt get traded], Alfredsson,and Comeri.. so i dont think they need lombardi what so ever..if they give kuba up they need a d-men in exchange.

11Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:17 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

bravenash55 wrote:Nah i dont like this deal at all...i dont see how ottawa can give up Kuba+Neil just for lombardi and a pick...nah there gonna give up a d-man for a pick?? wtf no ottawa needs defense to make it any where and they dont have the quality d-men to mkae it far. they have the o-fence Heatly,Spezza [if he doesnt get traded], Alfredsson,and Comeri.. so i dont think they need lombardi what so ever..if they give kuba up they need a d-men in exchange.

guessing by the price, BM is lucky to expect a draft pick in return for Kuba, Jordo I believe said BM is not getting the offers he is liking for Kuba, but well, price of the market I guess.

12Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:44 pm

Lombardi is terrible. If you guys think some of the Sens have hands of stone, Lombardi has hands of titanium. I wouldn't take this guy for free. He's a waste of a roster spot. Vermette is a million times better.

13Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Yikes, that's true though, he can't score to save his life.

14Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:^ Yikes, that's true though, he can't score to save his life.

Sold, we don't want him, we have enough of those already.

15Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Empty Re: Neil + Kuba for Lombardi and a pick? Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Even with the injuries Sutter has already mentioned he isn't moving any players off his current roster. As per the Fan 960 he traditionally does his deals prior to the deadline. I suspect Sutter will tweak his roster this week but I don't see him making big moves to fill the void of the injuried players. I suspect his big moves will come on Draft Day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum