GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Viewing games over the Internet

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Viewing games over the Internet Empty Viewing games over the Internet Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here you will find various web links for games you can view over the internet.

www.atdhe.net

http://www.myp2p.eu/

http://livetv.ru/en/

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:56 am; edited 4 times in total

- Unknown Author

2Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Quality can vary from game to game... but if you can't get it on TV, this is always a good option.

3Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Wow, i hope it works, where in the world did you find this? tx!

4Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

HowieMorenz wrote:Wow, i hope it works, where in the world did you find this? tx!
It woks great, but with a 1 meg connection (like I have Crying ) it sucks. Picture is great (depending on the feed, of course) but every 30-40 seconds it freezes up for 10-14 seconds. I'm seriously in need of upgrading. Gotta call Rogers tomorrow, remind them about my 15% discount, threaten to drop VIP and promise to take their VoIP Home Phone if they upgrade me to 3 meg (I was told by the installer that if I sign up for 3 meg service my modem will actually give me 5 -- of course that was before "traffic shaping" and throttling, so who knows).

Oh and, on atdhe.net you can also watch quite a few TV and movie channels.

5Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:Wow, i hope it works, where in the world did you find this? tx!
It woks great, but with a 1 meg connection (like I have Crying ) it sucks. Picture is great (depending on the feed, of course) but every 30-40 seconds it freezes up for 10-14 seconds. I'm seriously in need of upgrading. Gotta call Rogers tomorrow, remind them about my 15% discount, threaten to drop VIP and promise to take their VoIP Home Phone if they upgrade me to 3 meg (I was told by the installer that if I sign up for 3 meg service my modem will actually give me 5 -- of course that was before "traffic shaping" and throttling, so who knows).

I called rogers and they upgraded my cable box to an HD PVR and moved my internet from ultra-lite to full high speed :D

- Unknown Author

6Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:13 pm

wprager wrote:

Wow...don't they offer anything more than 5 Mbps? I'm at 10 Mbps now and it's not enough. Granted I download my share and your share Wink

I'm thinking of upgrade to 25 MBps. It's just over $100 a month. Pretty damn good deal. Apparently the provider is increasing the speed by 50% of each of their packages to compete with Sympatico, Telus etc.

25Mbps is ridiculous for a residential connection though. At 10Mbps I download a 350 meg tv show in about 3 minutes(using their extra speed boost).

7Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Of course they offer something over 5 meg. They have 7 meg.

8Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Of course they offer something over 5 meg. They have 7 meg.
Rogers has a 10Meg offering as well. And I think there's a 17Meg offering if you're in the right area.

9Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Feel free to post other links for game feeds over the internet in here.

- Unknown Author

10Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:41 pm

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

http://www.myp2p.eu/

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

11Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Rogers. The first guy was ready to give me the extra HD pack (includes TSN-HD for tonight's game, yeah!) for 3 months, and 10% bundling package (I used to get 15% but that discount now only applies if you bundle 4 services; technically, when they moved me to VIP it was a change to my contract, so I can't even claim that my old discount should be grandfathered in). He was even nice enough to set it up so that at the end of the 3 months it is automatically taken off my subscription. He then transferred me to the next level and the new rep offered me 5%.

To make a long story short, I eventually got 20% for a year, after which time I'll have to do this all again. Maybe by then we'll have the Bell-IPTV service available in Ottawa for some additional leverage. I also lamented at length about the PVR software but there's nothing concrete there. They'll have to start losing people in droves before they are forced to upgrade. It's possible they are looking for a completely new box for the eventual MPEG-4 upgrade, in which case don't hold your breath for any SARA upgrades.

Lastly, there is no longer any 3 or 5 meg service. It goes from 1 meg to 7. The 7 meg service is $45 per month! I freaked, seriously. I'm paying $26 or 27 and the only thing I can do to improve it is to drop another $19.

12Viewing games over the Internet Empty Re: Viewing games over the Internet Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:59 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Rogers. The first guy was ready to give me the extra HD pack (includes TSN-HD for tonight's game, yeah!) for 3 months, and 10% bundling package (I used to get 15% but that discount now only applies if you bundle 4 services; technically, when they moved me to VIP it was a change to my contract, so I can't even claim that my old discount should be grandfathered in). He was even nice enough to set it up so that at the end of the 3 months it is automatically taken off my subscription. He then transferred me to the next level and the new rep offered me 5%.

To make a long story short, I eventually got 20% for a year, after which time I'll have to do this all again. Maybe by then we'll have the Bell-IPTV service available in Ottawa for some additional leverage. I also lamented at length about the PVR software but there's nothing concrete there. They'll have to start losing people in droves before they are forced to upgrade. It's possible they are looking for a completely new box for the eventual MPEG-4 upgrade, in which case don't hold your breath for any SARA upgrades.

Lastly, there is no longer any 3 or 5 meg service. It goes from 1 meg to 7. The 7 meg service is $45 per month! I freaked, seriously. I'm paying $26 or 27 and the only thing I can do to improve it is to drop another $19.

You could always sign on with an Acanac, or Storm Internet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum