GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bouwmeester's Dad: The Panther shouldn't exist

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://pantherslitterbox.blogspot.com/2008/11/pappa-bouwmeester-i-know-whats-gonna.html

Scathing line from Papa Bow.

He knows what everyone else knows...Bow's a goner.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that's FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Work filter squirrel

Can you post the highlights? Or PM me the text?

Thats like the PM telling me gas prices were throught the roof this summer... everyone knew that already jsut someone with some sort of clue is saying it now.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

exactly Neely. Leonard Cohen said it best..."Everybody knows...Everybody knows... That's the way it goes...and Everybody knows."

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It was the same thing with Luongo. We all knew he was a goner. Hopefully we don't get shafted by a lesser offer because they'll only deal in the West... that's my fear.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, obviously the asking price is what's going to scare me at this point, and if Murray wanted to pull the trigger now, I don't think he's doing so from a position of strength; but then again, with Florida in a poop location and such, the only position of Strength JM has is simply having Bowmeester in his fold. However, it's been known by anyone with a decent Hockey IQ that Bow would be GONE by the end of this year, or rather his contract so July to be precise, so Martin KNOWS he has to move him between now and then to get ANY kind of return, so the question is, would he move now if Murray gave him an enticing offer, or would JM wait it out and see if another team pulls a Shero and completely blows their load for Bow closer to or at the Deadline?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's no strength from Florida's standpoint because teams can't negotiate with Bow before Jan.1st. This would be the time to do it - IF you felt secure you could re-sign Bow long term.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ah, good point Heater...

Makes you wonder if Murray is already dialing, eh?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Might as well. I'm sure Martin wants to wait until January though and maximize his return.

Look to Ohlund.

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

504Heater wrote:There's no strength from Florida's standpoint because teams can't negotiate with Bow before Jan.1st. This would be the time to do it - IF you felt secure you could re-sign Bow long term.

Add to that ... Florida needs to start winning or Martin may be gone. Florida is strong on D but needs scoring. They will be looking for players that can score now ... not propects.

Cronenbergfan wrote:exactly Neely. Leonard Cohen said it best..."Everybody knows...Everybody knows... That's the way it goes...and Everybody knows."

Never expected a Cohen quote on these boards... wonders never cease...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laker wrote:
504Heater wrote:There's no strength from Florida's standpoint because teams can't negotiate with Bow before Jan.1st. This would be the time to do it - IF you felt secure you could re-sign Bow long term.

Add to that ... Florida needs to start winning or Martin may be gone. Florida is strong on D but needs scoring. They will be looking for players that can score now ... not propects.

I've got one Vermette and one Kelly that says I get one Bouwmeester. Can I take him now?

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

504Heater wrote:
Laker wrote:

I've got one Vermette and one Kelly that says I get one Bouwmeester. Can I take him now?

I meant they need to be able to score goals :-)

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:exactly Neely. Leonard Cohen said it best..."Everybody knows...Everybody knows... That's the way it goes...and Everybody knows."

Never expected a Cohen quote on these boards... wonders never cease...

Isn't it also a Don Henley quote?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum