GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff predictions 2022

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Tue May 17, 2022 1:05 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't remember having 5 good back to back game 7s like that, it was glorious.

17Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Tue May 17, 2022 1:07 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FLA in 6
CAR in 5
CGY in 5
COL in 7

18Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Tue May 17, 2022 1:13 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well I didn’t get the number of games wrong but I was only wrong about Minnesota.

Next round:

FLA in 7
CAR In 6

COL In 6
CGY In 6

19Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Tue May 17, 2022 9:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yikes why did I pick the panthers. Getting outclassed

20Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Sun May 22, 2022 9:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Panthers are horrible.

21Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Mon May 23, 2022 11:02 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I was expecting a lot more out of them as well. Pieces are there though.

22Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Mon May 23, 2022 11:47 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have to say that I’m also very surprised. But it’s also a testament to how strong tampa really is (and How Toronto shouldn’t be underestimated going forward either in the playoffs)

If they get swept it actually might play to our advantage with Giroux showing that florida isn’t close to being one of the top contenders. Come home giroux, come home…

23Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Mon May 23, 2022 9:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What is this back to back garbage ? Who made this genius call?

24Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Fri May 27, 2022 10:06 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if Calgary’s loss means Matthew decided this may not be where he wants to spend more of his career time in.
This could get interesting.

25Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Fri May 27, 2022 1:21 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The West is interesting. Edmonton had a pretty easy path to the Conference finals (LA/Calgary) and Calgary beating Dallas was probably a lot more difficult than it should have been. I think Edmonton is going to get pummeled in the conference finals.

I think Calgary is also a grossly overrated team and they're a lot further away from being contenders than they think they are. You're right, it will be super interesting to see what Matthew does. My guess is he re-signs and it'll be for a lot of money, but I doubt he plays out the duration of his extension in Calgary.

Calgary is in that place where I think no NHL team wants to be. They have inconsistent success year-to-year and they have a crazy off-season coming up.

RFA: Mangiapane, Tkachuk, Kylington
UFA: Gaudreau, Gudbranson, Stone, Zadorov, Monahan (no way he gets extended)
2022 draft picks: 2nd, 5th, 7th

They need to decide where this franchise is heading. IMO they should consider rebuilding.

Edit:

I should add in that their prospect depth isn't very good. Outside of Zary they don't have very much

26Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Fri May 27, 2022 1:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The West is interesting. Edmonton had a pretty easy path to the Conference finals (LA/Calgary) and Calgary beating Dallas was probably a lot more difficult than it should have been. I think Edmonton is going to get pummeled in the conference finals.

I think Calgary is also a grossly overrated team and they're a lot further away from being contenders than they think they are. You're right, it will be super interesting to see what Matthew does. My guess is he re-signs and it'll be for a lot of money, but I doubt he plays out the duration of his extension in Calgary.

Calgary is in that place where I think no NHL team wants to be. They have inconsistent success year-to-year and they have a crazy off-season coming up.

They need to decide where this franchise is heading. IMO they should consider rebuilding.

Edit:

I should add in that their prospect depth isn't very good. Outside of Zary they don't have very much
Monahan still has a year on his contract. If anything they will desperately try to part ways with him.

No chance they rebuild IMO (although that weight be the correct choice). They might retool tho. I secretly hope they lose both Matthews (to either him asking for a trade or not wanting to sign anything more that will take him to UFA) and Gaudreau. That will take them right to a rebuild or on the road out of playoff contention if you ask me.

27Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Fri May 27, 2022 1:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The West is interesting. Edmonton had a pretty easy path to the Conference finals (LA/Calgary) and Calgary beating Dallas was probably a lot more difficult than it should have been. I think Edmonton is going to get pummeled in the conference finals.

Edit:

McDavid and dreisitil might pull a few rabbits but I don’t think they’ll be able to beat colorado. (If St-Louis doesn’t make a surprise comeback). If it’s st-Louis by any chance then all bets are off.

28Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Fri May 27, 2022 4:39 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

Edit:

Monahan still has a year on his contract. If anything they will desperately try to part ways with him.

No chance they rebuild IMO (although that weight be the correct choice). They might retool tho. I secretly hope they lose both Matthews (to either him asking for a trade or not wanting to sign anything more that will take him to UFA) and Gaudreau. That will take them right to a rebuild or on the road out of playoff contention if you ask me.
100% . I'm almost certain they lose Gaudreau. He's from NJ and he'd look amazing there with all that center/young talent, not to mention the cap space they have. 

Matthew will be an interesting one to watch. St Louis could be a dark horse team to add him.. they have the pieces and cap space to make it happen

29Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Fri May 27, 2022 4:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Edit:

100% . I'm almost certain they lose Gaudreau. He's from NJ and he'd look amazing there with all that center/young talent, not to mention the cap space they have. 

Matthew will be an interesting one to watch. St Louis could be a dark horse team to add him.. they have the pieces and cap space to make it happen

If he’s “going home” he’d go to Philly, not NJ

I don’t think Calgary will lose him personally

30Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Fri May 27, 2022 8:23 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hard to say what he wants both in terms of money and where he wants to play. He's setup well for a payday but he's in his prime now. Only way to go is down imo

31Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Sat May 28, 2022 1:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I also think that if he was going to stay in Calgary it would have been done. If he stays there it’s going to be a massive overpayment.

I can see him leaving being the unraveling of the team. There’s enough rumours of Matthew not being committal to the team so he’s a high risk of asking for a trade or just not wanting an extension past UFA years.

32Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Sat May 28, 2022 2:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Matt was ever available then that’s the guy the sens should target 100%.

33Playoff predictions 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2022 Sun May 29, 2022 1:55 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:If Matt was ever available then that’s the guy the sens should target 100%.
I don’t know that he’s exactly the guy we should target with his brother on the team but given the opportunity, how do you resist! 🫢

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum