GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+3
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 19]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

How does Forsberg know Spooner? Checking their HockeyDB pages, they never played on the same team. As for the inevitable rumors, I can't see the Senators giving what FF will clearly be asking (plus a top-up for taxes).

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So brown planing to test the market next year eh?
Time to move him this summer.

They have his replacement in Joseph anyways.

According to who?
Elliot friedman

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Garrioch. I saw the same rumor. He also said ottawa is interested in william Karlsson and Lawson Krouse. Linked to 7th overall 🤮
If Dorion does that with our 7th he should be fired.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Garrioch. I saw the same rumor. He also said ottawa is interested in william Karlsson and Lawson Krouse. Linked to 7th overall 🤮
If Dorion does that with our 7th he should be fired.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so much for Kuzmenko to Ottawa.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya. It was a low risk high reward situation that didn't work in our favour. It could help us land a Boeser or Garland if they do become available Thinking

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I still like the idea of Kravtsov for Brannstrom.

And if the sense is connor brown won't re-sign, I'd look to move him now. I love the idea of a Formenton-Pinto-Joseph 3rd line (maybe Greig fits in there one day too)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like NCC lebreton announcement is coming this week

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Some details here: https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-lebreton-flats-ncc-new-arena-1.1815830

The NCC is such a tremendous waster of time and money it's not even funny. I guess I can sort-of understand why they did not give the land to the Senators back when the franchise was born, because there was a lot of uncertainty about the viability of the franchise. But even back then, instead of coming out and giving them an actual answer they simply waited and waited until the ownership had no choice but pick option B (the swamplands at the end of Palladium drive). I think they've sat on this decision for over a half a century. This should have been developed in the previous millennium. And now, when it's obvious to anyone with a half-brain that the only obvious part of the project should be the new arena they still waste everyone's time and money with evaluating multiple proposals. The winner will be the one who is dealing with the NHL team. Period. No others need to apply.

Quote from the article: “The most frequently cited examples of a potential major attraction were a new hockey arena or major event centre,” the NCC said in a master concept plan. “While there is not unanimous support for such a facility, it was the most frequently discussed topic.”

No "unanimous support"? What would they suggest instead, more museums? Idiots!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s a little step but a step non the less.
Wondering i
What the time line would be from now to shovels in the ground and from now to 1st game.
I imagine less than a decade but more than 5 years.

Should we be taking bets? 😂

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-new-arena-lebreton-flats-1.1816636

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:It’s a little step but a step non the less.
Wondering i
What the time line would be from now to shovels in the ground and from now to 1st game.
I imagine less than a decade but more than 5 years.

Should we be taking bets? 😂

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-new-arena-lebreton-flats-1.1816636

I'm not a betting man, but if be disappointed if we don't get shovels in the ground in the next 2 years. They keep talking about having to rehabilitate the land because of the fire but, cont on, it's been decades! This wasn't Chernobyl FFS. From announcement to completion shouldn't take more than 5 years (but it probably will).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like they need to figure out financing first but with Euge out of the picture maybe something gets done. But I guess it depends on the Melnyk daughter's advisors who were probably the same people advising their dad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's still the $700 suit and $1B counter-suit going on between CSMI and Trinity. I'd think that has to be settled before they can spend a dime on anything other than on-going business (i.e. payroll/maintenance of current arena). It's telling that Trinity is not involved in this at all and Ruddy doesn't strike me like the live-and-let-live kind of guy. He doesn't care if it's a rock, he'll still try to squeeze some blood out of it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds like they need to figure out financing first but with Euge out of the picture maybe something gets done. But I guess it depends on the Melnyk daughter's advisors who were probably the same people advising their dad.

I’m betting no one advised their dad or he didn’t take the advice.

Speculation on my part but as soon as this deal is secured, the girls will likely sell a majority stake at an inflated price.

So is the city not pitching in any money?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
So is the city not pitching in any money?

Not unless they convert the arena entrance into a Porsche dealership.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t live in Ottawa but I personally think the sens are somewhat handicapped in comparison to many other markets if there’s no public funding. In all fairness, having the sens move downtown offers many financial benefits revitalizing the neighbourhood and generating further income for the city.
That’s a level of benefit the city should be paying into.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

100%. Problem is the city is more focused on rolling out a dysfunctional light rail system and reducing streets on main arteries like Elgin Street than realizing the financial gains from 20,000 people going to Sens games 41 times a year.... plus events, concerts, and all the other reasons to go to LeBreton.

What this will do for travel and tourism and resurrecting business and the downtown core in general is infinite but the city doesn't see it like that. Why I'm not sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:100%. Problem is the city is more focused on rolling out a dysfunctional light rail system and reducing streets on main arteries like Elgin Street than realizing the financial gains from 20,000 people going to Sens games 41 times a year.... plus events, concerts, and all the other reasons to go to LeBreton.

What this will do for travel and tourism and resurrecting business and the downtown core in general is infinite but the city doesn't see it like that. Why I'm not sure.

Melnyk never believed in "you rub my back and I'll rub yours" and there was no personal benefit to the Mayor or councilors to assist the Sens in any way. Let's face it, they didn't just say no to public funds, they said no to everything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum