GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If it was Tom Wilson running guys into the boards I'd agree. But Lucic is big and slow and is not going to catch too many people.  He *wasn't* running around and running guys into the boards.  *He* is the one who approached Sabourin with the express purpose of firing up his guys when they were down 0-2.  Now, if Sabourin had even a 50/50 chance of holding his own and perhaps even winning the fight then I could accept it as something other than stupidity.  But he lost the fight, lost it pretty badly, hasn't won any (not that I have seen) lately, and the outcome of that fight could only have been negative for the Senators.  There was zero advantage possible in accepting a fight when you had no reason to do so and no hope of winning.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read DWC's post and realized that I said almost exactly the same thing.

Two peas in a pod

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I have no idea if Tim Stützle can play or not. Garrioch's article from 3 days ago said he has to self-isolate in a Calgary hotel until Sunday, making him ineligible to play either game in Alberta. CBS Sports article from 2 day ago suggests that, if he tests negative, he can play on Sunday night.

He tested positive Tuesday night, NHL protocol says 5 days self-isolation, so maybe he is eligible to come back Sunday? But Garrioch's article was worded funny, that he had to self-isolate in a Calgary hotel until Sunday night. So maybe Alberta has rules about traveling while self-isolating.

We could sure use Jimmy Stu with Brown out.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bruce just tweeted that if he tested negative yesterday he can play tonight. And he used the umlaut in his tweet! "Stützle".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Bruce just tweeted that if he tested negative yesterday he can play tonight.  And he used the umlaut in his tweet!  "Stützle".

Unless he is sick he should be playing regardless. This testing stuff is nonsense now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess he's feeling better because he's playing. As is Gaudette.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yesterday was a great sport watching day and capped off with a Sens come from behind win. They played well and Murray made enough saves to keep us in it. Brannstrom with another solid outing.

I liked the fact that D.J. changed the lines up during the game.

What kind of money will Norris be looking for?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:Yesterday was a great sport watching day and capped off with a Sens come from behind win. They played well and Murray made enough saves to keep us in it. Brannstrom with another solid outing.

I was thinking the same. He may want a bridge but my guess is the Sens try to lock him up for 8 x 7.5

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Brannstrom also played just shy of 18 minutes, JBD with less minutes than J Brown. Nice to see Brann get the extra time even while being -2

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Yesterday was a great sport watching day and capped off with a Sens come from behind win. They played well and Murray made enough saves to keep us in it. Brannstrom with another solid outing.

I was thinking the same. He may want a bridge but my guess is the Sens try to lock him up for 8 x 7.5

In normal times I’d agree with you but looking at what Brady and batherson got I think they lock him up at a bit lower. But maybe not. Let’s see what the rest of the season brings.

I don’t know that he’ll be asking for 8 years either as that would bring him to 30. I think he tries for an 6 or 7 years max so that he can bank heavily on his next contract also.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

In normal times I’d agree with you but looking at what Brady and batherson got I think they lock him up at a bit lower. But maybe not. Let’s see what the rest of the season brings.

I don’t know that he’ll be asking for 8 years either as that would bring him to 30. I think he tries for an 6 or 7 years max so that he can bank heavily on his next contract also.

He's on pace for close to 40 goals as a #1 C. Going to be hard to lock him up for less.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's got 16 goals in 30 games and has 31 games remaining (if he doesn't miss any more) which works out to 43.2 goals. I don't know if he can keep this pace up -- odds are against that. But the team is playing better which leads to more offensive opportunities, so who knows. I honestly did not think he he had a 40-goal ceiling but here we are.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We'll be lucky if we can get Norris on a Kyle Conner type contract. I'll note he's not a Center

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think Norris signs for 6 years at $40 million, AAV $6.6. This way he's between Tkatchuk $8.2 and Batherson $5.0.

If it was only that simple.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:I think Norris signs for 6 years at $40 million, AAV $6.6. This way he's between Tkatchuk $8.2 and Batherson $5.0.

Batherson is a steal. Curious to see what Pinto and Jimmy Stu come in at next year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:I think Norris signs for 6 years at $40 million, AAV $6.6. This way he's between Tkatchuk $8.2 and Batherson $5.0.

Batherson is a steal. Curious to see what Pinto and Jimmy Stu come in at next year.

Can’t imagine pinto getting much in dollars or term. He’s barely played

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Can’t imagine pinto getting much in dollars or term. He’s barely played

Well he’s got a year left before hitting the market. If I was PD I’d try to extend him this summer to a bridge deal. I’m sure they’d love to do a 3 year deal but I doubt Pinto would want that.
He’s gonna be a special player. If you can get him bellow 3-3.5 on a 3 year you’re laughing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well Stützle sure shows his skill and attributes but it hasn’t really translated into points just yet.
That’s another player I would secure on a bridge deal this summer if you could.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Updated Sens schedule is out. Sens have 50 games in the next 100 days. Yikes lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum