GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » All things PLAYOFFS! » Playoff predictions 2021

Playoff predictions 2021

+2
tim1_2
Flo The Action
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

46Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Mon May 31, 2021 6:13 pm

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
My brain says the leafs win. My heart hopes the leafs lose.

47Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Mon May 31, 2021 9:51 pm

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It’s like Xmas all over again. Leafs out of the playoffs yet again. The gong show continues.

48Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Mon May 31, 2021 10:12 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Thanks for $300 leafs

49Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:00 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
A truly delicious result. Jason Spezza was their best player, which is hilarious. Matthews and Marner showed again that they just aren't the solution.

50Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:44 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:A truly delicious result.  Jason Spezza was their best player, which is hilarious.  Matthews and Marner showed again that they just aren't the solution.


Spezz really was their best player. How sad.

51Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The best part about the Leafs' on-going playoff failures is that there isn't an easy way forward for them to fix any of this. They can swap out the old guys (Spezza, Thornton, Simmonds, whoever) all they want, but those guys weren't the problem. Or, they can take the approach that they just got unlucky with injuries (Tavares, Muzzin for game 7) and that things will be better next season....

All of this ignores the fact that Matthews and Marner failed again. There's that old saying "your best players have to be your best players", and for Toronto, this hasn't happened in the playoffs. To me, it looks like Matthews never finds that other gear that star players normally have. If you look at a guy like Crosby, he always seemed to elevate in the playoffs, and you can say the same thing for a bunch of star players, but not Matthews or Marner. Marner looked nervous the whole time, and Matthews looked like he didn't care. Matthews basically plays the same all the time, whether it's exhibition, regular season, or playoffs, and just lacks that intensity that the playoffs demand.

The idea of trading Nylander was tossed around forever, and is still a possibility I guess, but he actually looked good in the playoffs. And I just can't see them trading Matthews or Marner…...so what do they do? Not a good spot to be in.

Serious question: Would you rather have the Leafs entire organization of players right now, or the Senators?

52Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:40 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
tim1_2 wrote:The best part about the Leafs' on-going playoff failures is that there isn't an easy way forward for them to fix any of this.  They can swap out the old guys (Spezza, Thornton, Simmonds, whoever) all they want, but those guys weren't the problem.  Or, they can take the approach that they just got unlucky with injuries (Tavares, Muzzin for game 7) and that things will be better next season....

All of this ignores the fact that Matthews and Marner failed again.  There's that old saying "your best players have to be your best players", and for Toronto, this hasn't happened in the playoffs.  To me, it looks like Matthews never finds that other gear that star players normally have.  If you look at a guy like Crosby, he always seemed to elevate in the playoffs, and you can say the same thing for a bunch of star players, but not Matthews or Marner.  Marner looked nervous the whole time, and Matthews looked like he didn't care.  Matthews basically plays the same all the time, whether it's exhibition, regular season, or playoffs, and just lacks that intensity that the playoffs demand.

The idea of trading Nylander was tossed around forever, and is still a possibility I guess, but he actually looked good in the playoffs.  And I just can't see them trading Matthews or Marner…...so what do they do?  Not a good spot to be in.  

Serious question:  Would you rather have the Leafs entire organization of players right now, or the Senators?  

The Senators, we could've beaten the Habs and our pipeline is better. We also have a ton of picks this draft as well.

53Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:56 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
For sure. I am not sure we would have beaten Toronto but I am basing that off their regular season success so who know. We would have 100% beaten the Habs.

Flaunting a little but I did say at the beginning of the year that I could see Montreal winning our division and to watch out for Winnipeg. I am obviously hoping for Winnipeg here but it would be nice to see Mtl win and get obliterated by Tampa, Boston, Carolina, or the Isles. There is satisfaction in that too.

54Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:The best part about the Leafs' on-going playoff failures is that there isn't an easy way forward for them to fix any of this.  They can swap out the old guys (Spezza, Thornton, Simmonds, whoever) all they want, but those guys weren't the problem.  Or, they can take the approach that they just got unlucky with injuries (Tavares, Muzzin for game 7) and that things will be better next season....

All of this ignores the fact that Matthews and Marner failed again.  There's that old saying "your best players have to be your best players", and for Toronto, this hasn't happened in the playoffs.  To me, it looks like Matthews never finds that other gear that star players normally have.  If you look at a guy like Crosby, he always seemed to elevate in the playoffs, and you can say the same thing for a bunch of star players, but not Matthews or Marner.  Marner looked nervous the whole time, and Matthews looked like he didn't care.  Matthews basically plays the same all the time, whether it's exhibition, regular season, or playoffs, and just lacks that intensity that the playoffs demand.

The idea of trading Nylander was tossed around forever, and is still a possibility I guess, but he actually looked good in the playoffs.  And I just can't see them trading Matthews or Marner…...so what do they do?  Not a good spot to be in.  

Serious question:  Would you rather have the Leafs entire organization of players right now, or the Senators?  

I’d rather they trade Marner then lose Matthews to FA in a few years. Cupless. What a beauty.

55Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Marner is the obvious choice to trade. Which of course means they will trade away Nylander. It kinda makes sense as Nylander's performance likely means he'd generate a better return.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

56Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Marner is the obvious choice to trade. Which of course means they will trade away Nylander. It kinda makes sense as Nylander's performance likely means he'd generate a better return.

I don’t know. You look at Marners regular season stats and there are teams salivating to get him.
His cap hit of course is much higher.
Marner might also do better playing along side players who come out and play to win.

The thing I take away from the kids in Toronto is that it’s the Hall/Eberle Edmonton 2.0. A bunch kids that couldn’t do it as center pieces to a team that had to be relied on but could be extremely good with a better supporting cast.

Matthews ain’t no leader either but you put him with better players that can lead on another team and you may have success.



Last edited by Flo The Action on Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

57Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Marner might also do better playing along side players who also underwhelmed.

I don't understand this sentence.

58Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Marner might also do better playing along side players who also underwhelmed.

I don't understand this sentence.


Fixed. Working and typing… you can lose your train of thoughts.

59Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Predict how many games for Scheifele. I'm going with 2.



Last edited by wprager on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

60Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:53 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Predict how many games for Scheifele. I'm going with 2.

So hard to tell what the wheel of justice will land on for this one.  I could see it being 2 games, but I'm hoping player safety doesn't wuss out.  I'm going with 6 games.

61Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
4 games! That’s actually 2 more than I thought they’d dish out.

Definitely helps the Habs forward.

62Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:50 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Way too many games. Should have been 1 or 2 at most.

63Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:58 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Too few games. Should have been more. While I agree the technique of the hit wasn't too bad (although certainly he left his feet), he wasn't even trying to play the puck...you could tell he was just interested in hitting the guy as hard as humanly possible.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum