GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 23]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Any of you guys play goal? Or at least have goalie gear? Start stretching.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Any of you guys play goal?  Or at least have goalie gear?  Start stretching.

Laugh1

I’m quite intrigued to see gustavsson again play for Ottawa.
He played fairly well in that short showing.

I wonder if they will though. Did they mention if Forsberg was gonna be taking the lead or was he brought in to support? Win and you’re in?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Any of you guys play goal?  Or at least have goalie gear?  Start stretching.

Laugh1

I’m quite intrigued to see gustavsson again play for Ottawa.
He played fairly well in that short showing.

I wonder if they will though. Did they mention if Forsberg was gonna be taking the lead or was he brought in to support? Win and you’re in?

I would imagine he plays tomorrow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Based on what they were doing at practice Forsberg expected to be in goal. Also Gudbranson maybe be replaced by Josh Brown. I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I was thinking about tkachuk s next contract last night and the fact that he hasn’t resigned a deal yet.

What are you guys expecting?
If I calculated correctly, after this season he could theoretically become a UFA in 4 years so that’s definitely the number we want to avoid.

I personally think that 8 years would be best. But many believe that he wants to bet on himself and go bridge deal, which scares me a little TBH.
I’d hate to see Brady make his way towards UFA through arb.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
His brother signed a 3 year contract with AAV of $7M, and $7.5M if that was a signing bonus. Since Brady's numbers aren't as good, plus Covid likely pushes salaries down for the next 3-4 years, I wouldn't expect the team to offer more than $6M x 5. His agent will likely want to push $6.5M x 3 arguing that, while his offensive stats aren't as good, he brings more to the table in leadership. It would not surprise me if they (player side) really push hard for 3 years term, expecting the purse strings to be loosened after that.

However, if he's signed for 3 and Chabot has 7 remaining, they are more likely to offer the 'C' to Chabot. Is that something Brady values? We'll see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'm guessing (hoping?) $7M x 5 plus the "C".

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I'm guessing (hoping?) $7M x 5 plus the "C".
5 years? That be terrible I think. We’d only be eating a single year of UFA.

It’s either a short bridge of two or a long deal of 7 or 8 if you ask me. 6 years is acceptable and I’m not fond of the bridge in this case but 4 or 5 isn’t getting value.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It will be 3 years

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:It will be 3 years

Agreed. 3 x $6.5M is what I think they agree to.

They also have to sign Drake. $4.5M x 3 for Drake is my guess.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yep, don't see anyway it's not a 3 year bridge deal for Brady. Just gonna follow in his brother's footsteps.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Abramov has been called up to the Sens taxi squad, it'd be interesting to see him get a game or three.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Abramov has been called up to the Sens taxi squad, it'd be interesting to see him get a game or three.

I hope Dorion can create some sort of market for his players being traded within Canada. A really good GM can drive up the price by eating cap space and using the lack of two-week quarantine in Canada as an advantage.

Dzingel and Anisimov are good UFA options for Toronto who are looking for a forward. Tierney is a cheap option if the Leafs need to move some salary in order to sign a goalie next year and Reilly the year after. And there's the option of Toronto re-acquiring Connor Brown too - since he's apparently the type of guy you need in the playoffs (won't be in the playoffs as a Senator...)

Coburn and Reilly are serviceable depth defencemen, and Dzingel could be a good addition in Edmonton with that speed.

Gudbranson could be a good d-man in Winnipeg. They're physically weak on the right side.

Watson could be a cheap replacement for a team looking for an energy guy too.

Ottawa likely not to fetch any big returns but a few teams may be interested

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Abramov has been called up to the Sens taxi squad, it'd be interesting to see him get a game or three.

I hope Dorion can create some sort of market for his players being traded within Canada. A really good GM can drive up the price by eating cap space and using the lack of two-week quarantine in Canada as an advantage.

Dzingel and Anisimov are good UFA options for Toronto who are looking for a forward. Tierney is a cheap option if the Leafs need to move some salary in order to sign a goalie next year and Reilly the year after. And there's the option of Toronto re-acquiring Connor Brown too - since he's apparently the type of guy you need in the playoffs (won't be in the playoffs as a Senator...)

Coburn and Reilly are serviceable depth defencemen, and Dzingel could be a good addition in Edmonton with that speed.

Gudbranson could be a good d-man in Winnipeg. They're physically weak on the right side.

You’re showing your hopes of us trading Watson and Brown.

I like both and unless there’s an overpayment, I don’t see why we would trade Brown (or even Watson, he’s good for this team)

I think Dzingel could interest some. I hope someone is interested in Gudbranson but I’ll be surprised if we recoup what was paid for him.

I don’t know that the sens are interested in parting ways with Tierney. Maybe though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Good first game from Gustavsson. Nearly for the shutout.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

You’re showing your hopes of us trading Watson and Brown.

I like both and unless there’s an overpayment, I don’t see why we would trade Brown (or even Watson, he’s good for this team)

I think Dzingel could interest some. I hope someone is interested in Gudbranson but I’ll be surprised if we recoup what was paid for him.
Doubt there’s really a market for Anisimov. The type of player he is right now is a guy most team have on the taxi squad.

I don’t know that the sens are interested in parting ways with Tierney. Maybe though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’d have to check the exact rules but you can’t just trade everybody as you need eligible players to expose to Seattle. Tierney will be one of those guys

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Boy, Calgary is a wet fart of a team.  Andersson tried to steal the game puck too smh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum