GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Roby Jarventie signs a 3 year ELC.
That’s good. He’s gonna spend a large portion of those in the AHL. We’re gonna need some guys who can score down there and he needs to learn how to play NA style

ThisJustIn!

Poor Belleville man, what a tough season.  Nice to Egor Sokolov have a pile of goals down there (12 in 26 GP)...Abramov with a bit of success too, and Lassi Thomson has been quite solid for them.

It will be much better next year with JBD, Crookshank, Jarventie. Wondering if Grieg can make that jump or if he's still too young?

Grieg is too young for the AHL next year

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore
Over the last few games I think Ottawa's defense has been pinching more. They are more involved at the blue line and that's probably because they're more comfortable with the goaltending.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
That’s good. He’s gonna spend a large portion of those in the AHL. We’re gonna need some guys who can score down there and he needs to learn how to play NA style

ThisJustIn!

Poor Belleville man, what a tough season.  Nice to Egor Sokolov have a pile of goals down there (12 in 26 GP)...Abramov with a bit of success too, and Lassi Thomson has been quite solid for them.

It will be much better next year with JBD, Crookshank, Jarventie. Wondering if Grieg can make that jump or if he's still too young?

How is that? He’d be two years past his draft year. I thought it was one year back at juniors and then make the jump.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!

How is that? He’d be two years past his draft year. I thought it was one year back at juniors and then make the jump.

It’s all dependent on age. Can’t play in the AHL as a CHL draftee until your 20 year old season

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Brady. Norris. Batherson. Delicious.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Curious to see what some of our RFAs get in free agency.

Brady - 3 x $7M?
Bath - 5 x $6M?
Zub - 4 x $4M?

Anisimov and Dzingel likely coming off the books and I suspect the Sens will probably move Tierney in the off-season if he's not claimed by Seattle. Hogberg and/or Forsberg likely gone too.

Uncle Euge is going to have to spend this summer.

Gotta lock these guys up before they become unaffordable to us.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Curious to see what some of our RFAs get in free agency.

Brady - 3 x $7M?
Bath - 5 x $6M?
Zub - 4 x $4M?

Anisimov and Dzingel likely coming off the books and I suspect the Sens will probably move Tierney in the off-season if he's not claimed by Seattle. Hogberg and/or Forsberg likely gone too.

My take on it:

Brady - either 3 x $6 or 8 x $8
Bath - 6 x $6
Zub - 4 x $3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hobiesens wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Curious to see what some of our RFAs get in free agency.

Brady - 3 x $7M?
Bath - 5 x $6M?
Zub - 4 x $4M?

My take on it:

Brady - either 3 x $6 or 8 x $8
Bath - 6 x $6
Zub - 4 x $3

i hope you're right but i think all those guys will be looking for more long term.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think the Tkachuks will be pretty ruthless when it comes to negotiating a new deal for Brady, and I would expect it to be a bridge contract similar to what Matthew Tkachuk signed with Calgary. I kind of think they both wind up in the States as soon as they can become FAs, but fingers crossed Brady sticks around long term.

I wouldn't hesitate to sign him to a $8M x 8 years contract right now but I honestly am not sure he'd take that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I think the Tkachuks will be pretty ruthless when it comes to negotiating a new deal for Brady, and I would expect it to be a bridge contract similar to what Matthew Tkachuk signed with Calgary.  I kind of think they both wind up in the States as soon as they can become FAs, but fingers crossed Brady sticks around long term.  

I wouldn't hesitate to sign him to a $8M x 8 years contract right now but I honestly am not sure he'd take that.

Yeah, I have the same feeling that he’ll get as close to UFA as he can get to. Maybe we can have one of his year of UFA but not much more.
There might be a chance we have a go at a cup before he moves on.

I would like to be wrong.

I don’t see his brother sticking around calgary for much longer. The flames are a Dung show. That locker room is toast.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
With the Habs win last night the tragic number is down to 1.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Officially eliminated.

Oh well, bring on the Worlds, the draft lottery, draft, off-season, camp.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Officially eliminated.

Oh well, bring on the Worlds, the draft lottery, draft, off-season, camp.

there's still a handful of games left to play. The kids have made this season awfully fun to watch.
I haven't been looking forward to next season since we nearly beat the pens in the conference final.
I'm gonna enjoy watching these last few games and the energy around the team. then I'll get into the offseason fun. I expect Dorion won't sit idle this year summer either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dorion has a few RFAs to take care of. I am not at all expecting any big trades or UFA signings.

But I'm ready and willing to be surprised.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
needs to target a top-four RHD and draft a top-six forwards. If our defence holds up we can push for a playoff spot

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:needs to target a top-four RHD and draft a top-six forwards. If our defence holds up we can push for a playoff spot
I agree. But it all depends on how they go forward with their current players/prospects.

Does Brannstrom ever get moved to the right? Does he get moved as part of a package for a young number 1C?
To me our current weaknesses are a top line C then someone that can play with Chabot.

There is a multiple of ways to adress this need. Both internally and by trade.

Might be intriguing to see if Dorion Makes a trade for a right hand D and let’s zaitsev exposed.
Some teams might be loosing a top 4 D in the expansion and could be partners.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
On another note, apparently Chabot injured but not seriously but will likely be out for the remainder of the season.

I think this is a way to get JBD into the line up for the rest of the way and give Brannstrom a more prominent role.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Well I don't think it really matters which goalie we protect at this point. Looks like we have a stud in Gustavsson and I'd hate to lose Daccord too. No matter who we protect we're likely losing one or the other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum