GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 33]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Excuse me while I get my COVID data from somewhere other than an internet hockey forum  General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 1f602

Touche

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Carolina with a 1 year 6.1 mill offer sheet to Kotkaniemi.

Brilliant.

The compensation would be a 1stand a third.

Rumours were that the Habs were pursuing Eichel and this would definitely put a wrench in that process.

My guess is the Habs lose the player now.

Payback is a Wing Dang Doodle Laugh1

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
$20 signing bonus too lol

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Either way this goes it’s gonna screw with Montreal going forward. Down a top young prospect or in significant cap trouble with having to resign him next year at over 6 mill.

Well played Carolina, well played.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
They should just take the picks. In a few years he won’t be worth that

Classless by Carolina though. Just sign the guy, no need to do that other Dung

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Bunch of jerks Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Excuse me while I get my COVID data from somewhere other than an internet hockey forum  General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 1f602

Touche

OK, what about Bloomberg?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-27/previous-covid-prevents-delta-infection-better-than-pfizer-shot

“This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the delta variant,” the researchers said.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
I'm sure Mtl will match but I am reading a lot about Montreal not being able to afford it right now. I am not sure what Bergevin was thinking if they're that hard-pressed against the cap with JK unsigned this far into the off-season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm sure Mtl will match but I am reading a lot about Montreal not being able to afford it right now.  I am not sure what Bergevin was thinking if they're that hard-pressed against the cap with JK unsigned this far into the off-season.

What if they take the 1st and 3rd and use the picks (or at least the 1st) as part of a deal to bring in Eichel? If KK gets $6M there goes any chance at Eichel. Of course two 1sts (theirs and the Canes') won't be enough and they would still need to give up another high-emd prospect and a roster player, but a true top-line center is something they've been looking for since their last Cup (I exaggerate but only a little).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm sure Mtl will match but I am reading a lot about Montreal not being able to afford it right now.  I am not sure what Bergevin was thinking if they're that hard-pressed against the cap with JK unsigned this far into the off-season.

What if they take the 1st and 3rd and use the picks (or at least the 1st) as part of a deal to bring in Eichel?  If KK gets $6M there goes any chance at Eichel.  Of course two 1sts (theirs and the Canes') won't be enough and they would still need to give up another high-emd prospect and a roster player, but a true top-line center is something they've been looking for since their last Cup (I exaggerate but only a little).

Buffalo would want Suzuki and that should be a deal breaker. It’s not like they have kotkaniemi to offer them anymore either.

Someone was suggesting they take the pics and see if that would get them Dvorak out of Arizona. That might not be the worst idea.

JK hasn’t lived up to his draft position or the expectations. No way should he be making 6mill a season and even on a one year his next years of FA till he’s illegible for UFA will have to be arojnd 6mill at least if I understood the restriction.

I’m glad it’s giving Bergevin a hard time. I hope they give up the player but I also hope whatever solution he figures doesn’t work out either.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Touche

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-27/previous-covid-prevents-delta-infection-better-than-pfizer-shot

“This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the delta variant,” the researchers said.

Please stop.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:They should just take the picks. In a few years he won’t be worth that

Classless by Carolina though. Just sign the guy, no need to do that other Dung

Montreal started it!

Seriously though, I love it. F the Habs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Touche

Please stop.

Why? I'm fully vaccinated and I assume if you wanted to be you would be, also. What is your beef? Mine is that there is significant miscommunication coming from the powers that be (I'm not talking about the whack jobs but the CDC, Fauci, WH, WHO and the same here in Canada). If he had competent, unbiased media the good reporters would be all over it, asking the right questions and demanding answers. I'm watching Borgen now and it's refreshing seeing the media not afraid to ask the tough questions and follow leads to see where they go and so on. Definitely not what we have in North America.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Touche

Please stop.

Why?  I'm fully vaccinated and I assume if you wanted to be you would be, also.  What is your beef?  Mine is that there is significant miscommunication coming from the powers that be (I'm not talking about the whack jobs but the CDC, Fauci, WH, WHO and the same here in Canada).  If he had competent, unbiased media the good reporters would be all over it, asking the right questions and demanding answers.  I'm watching Borgen now and it's refreshing seeing the media not afraid to ask the tough questions and follow leads to see where they go and so on.  Definitely not what we have in North America.

Can you just make another thread for it and keep it out of the hockey threads?

My beef is that I've spent a year and a half reading non-stop about COVID and don't need it here too.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Agreed. Threads can get off the rails occasionally and when they do that's usually when a new thread is created.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Well there's your Batherson comparison

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Well there's your Batherson comparison
Very close to it yeah.

Sponsored content