GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/01/ottawa-senators-missed-out-on-free-agent.html

Yeah, they pursued him and he didn’t sign.

Not much more to say .

Right. What I am saying is probably a little more money would have done it or a bit more of a push.

Meanwhile the Habs looks really good. I can't see them getting through the next round but they're a good story nonetheless. But I guess someone had to come out of the North division. Edmonton is a two players team, Toronto is a bunch of chokers, and Winnipeg's injuries, suspension, and lack of depth really did them in

I don’t know. I could see montreal having an easier time against vegas than colorado. Tht said they are definitely the underdog in that series but I no longer consider it impossible.

If anything, they’ve shown they can surprise.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If Colordo comes through tonight and it goes to game 7, triple OT, significant injury plus everyone else banged up -- yeah, sure, Price could steal a game. But beside that, they don't stand a chance.

Just like they didn't stand a chance against the Leafs or the Jets.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:If Colordo comes through tonight and it goes to game 7, triple OT, significant injury plus everyone else banged up -- yeah, sure, Price could steal a game.   But beside that, they don't stand a chance.

Just like they didn't stand a chance against the Leafs or the Jets.

Dude, are you trying to jinx the habs into winning it?
😆

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Price is going to have to go to another level somehow for the Habs to win. Vegas is so deep it ain't funny. Their D has to be the best in the league.

The only hiccup for them could be if Fleury is shaky...maybe they switch to Lehner and he's shaky too...that's the only way I see Montreal winning.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vegas was not playing very good hockey in game 6. If not for Grubauer's inexplicably bad game there would have been a game 7. They have a good team but they are not without issues. If they don't pay a tight game against Montreal they will be in for a surprise.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Vegas is around a -400 favourite to win the series. Don't often see odds that stacked in the semi-finals.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza re-ups with the leafs at league minimum… he really wants to bring that cup home.
I don’t see any bonuses in his last contracts. After being one of their better player, he better get some this time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Spezza re-ups with the leafs at league minimum… he really wants to bring that cup home.
I don’t see any bonuses in his last contracts. After being one of their better player, he better get some this time.

He doesn’t want any, he wanted the least amount of cap hit possible

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spezza said that if he could take less, he would.

The issue with the Leafs isn't players taking more than they should; the problem is that most of them give less than they need to.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can someone please explain to me how McCrimmon and Ducharme both test positive for Covid?

They both should have been vaccinated ages ago and probably on their second shots by now.

It’s ridiculously irresponsible if they didn’t get vaccinated.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Can someone please explain to me how McCrimmon and Ducharme both test positive for Covid?

They both should have been vaccinated ages ago and probably on their second shots by now.

It’s ridiculously irresponsible if they didn’t get vaccinated.

Getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t get covid. Also it’s not mandatory

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't know about McCrmmon, but Ducharme received has second dose something like a week earlier. Having it (after being vaccinated) likely means you handle it very quickly and most likely before you ever get the necessary viral load to be able to pass it on.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So apparently Matthew Tkachuk might want out of Calgary. My first thought was hell yes!
Then I heard he might be looking to get traded to st-louis.
I have this nagging feeling and one where I’d be willing to bet that we will hit the same problem with Brady. Not saying it happens now at all but I’ll be surprised if Brady takes any deal that takes him way past UFA. I think he’ll want to hit that as soon as possible. It will most likely be a bridge deal for him but I doubt he sticks around much longer after that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep, they could both wind up in St. Louis eventually, but there's not much we can do about that for now. I fully expect it to be a bridge contract with Brady as well, with him trying to get to UFA as quickly as possible.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yep, they could both wind up in St. Louis eventually, but there's not much we can do about that for now.  I fully expect it to be a bridge contract with Brady as well, with him trying to get to UFA as quickly as possible.

You're probably right but I can see Ottawa locking him up long-term. The Sens have a really good core and are a few players and a few years of development, maturity, and experience away from being something special. Their progression was pretty phenomenal come the end of last year, and we have Pinto, Greig, Sanderson, JBD and a few others about to really push down the door. I suspect Ottawa will add a legit top-six forward this off-season which could be all the difference this year - well that and consistent goaltending.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I might be in the minority but I would steer clear of Matthew Tkachuk. Firs, having Brady as the Captain with his older brother on the roster could lead to some sibling rivalry carp that we simply don't need. Second, regardless of how his may have been right, the way he handles the situation in Calgary was less than ideal. Brady is the better Tkachuk, IMO, and bringing in Matthew could knock Brady from the current path he's on.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man that’s some Cussed up Dung going on in Chicago. If I was ownership I’d start cleaning that office. It’s intolerable the level of cover up that went on. All this to likely protect the reputation. This kind of stuff always gets out. Especially after that agent Frost got nailed.

You’d think they’d do the right thing.

I was wondering if any of this was linked to why Toews didn’t play this year but I guess the players involved aren’t on the team anymore. I wonder who they are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum