GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

How bout them Leafs. Back to back losses against the Covid Canucks. Last night they blew a 3-2 period lead. Talk about stumbling into the playoffs. Here's to hoping one of Winnipeg or Edmonton pass them so they don't have any easy ride against montreal.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How bout them Leafs. Back to back losses against the Covid Canucks. Last night they blew a 3-2 period lead. Talk about stumbling into the playoffs. Here's to hoping one of Winnipeg or Edmonton pass them so they don't have any easy ride against montreal.

There is definite appeal in seeing Montreal/Toronto first round of the playoffs, but yeah, it would probably just be a smurf stomp for the Leafs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How bout them Leafs. Back to back losses against the Covid Canucks. Last night they blew a 3-2 period lead. Talk about stumbling into the playoffs. Here's to hoping one of Winnipeg or Edmonton pass them so they don't have any easy ride against montreal.

There is definite appeal in seeing Montreal/Toronto first round of the playoffs, but yeah, it would probably just be a smurf stomp for the Leafs.

I think so too. Especially with Gallagher and Price injured. Going to be a stomping

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gallagher will be back. First round exit for either of those two would be guaranteed, so not a bad set up.

I'm calling them the Vancovid Canucks, now.

Best part about the second loss is they threatened Nylander with a suspension, he ended up playing and scoring 2, but they still lost.

So are the Canucks now simply a well rested team that was supposed to be one of the top teams in the Division? Could they go on a run to catch Montreal?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Gallagher will be back. First round exit for either of those two would be guaranteed, so not a bad set up.

I'm calling them the Vancovid Canucks, now.

Best part about the second loss is they threatened Nylander with a suspension, he ended up playing and scoring 2, but they still lost.

So are the Canucks now simply a well rested team that was supposed to be one of the top teams in the Division? Could they go on a run to catch Montreal?

If the league intends on having the Canucks get all their games in, I just don't think there's enough race track left to catch the Habs since they are currently 10 points ahead. If they can't get all the games in and end up going by points %, that will make things a bit more interesting.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Had a good laugh at some of the goals Rittich let in against Vancouver. Toronto is such a mess. I do like the Foligno addition but he's well past his prime and the team already has a ton of vet leadership. A first round exit would definitely be in the realm of possible

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Had a good laugh at some of the goals Rittich let in against Vancouver. Toronto is such a mess. I do like the Foligno addition but he's well past his prime and the team already has a ton of vet leadership. A first round exit would definitely be in the realm of possible

Let's hope so!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs losing to the Flames makes it very interesting. 6 points up, Calgary with 3 games in hand.

Which sucker gets to play the Sens, next? The Habs, of course.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs finally figured out how to get Caufield into the lineup -- emergency recall. I thought it was the Flames who had 2 games in hand but it's actually the Habs with 1. But if they lose their lead will be down to 2 points. "Help me Obi-Cole, you are my only hope". This is about the same level as Morpheus telling Neo he's The One.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, poor Jonathan Drouin. Just can't get it together. He's now on indefinite personal leave.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Man, poor Jonathan Drouin.  Just can't get it together.  He's now on indefinite personal leave.

Shades of Bobby Ryan? Or something else since he didn't enter the Player Assistance program?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Man, poor Jonathan Drouin.  Just can't get it together.  He's now on indefinite personal leave.

Shades of Bobby Ryan? Or something else since he didn't enter the Player Assistance program?

Montreal needed to clear cap room for Caufield. Probably a business move to save his trade value and move on from him in the summer. Only speculating.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Drouin takes a personal leave of absence.

that trade/deal is looking worse every year.

i wonder what the problem is now. Coke or alcohol?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Torts and CLB parting ways.

I have a feeling won't have to wait too long for another offer.

hard to say exactly where he lands but you could see a few playoff teams disappointing that could turn to him

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tocchet also parting ways with Arizona.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Someone should just keep Eichel away from reporters. Buffalo need to trade this guy. Seems like he’s wanted out of that market forever.
Him and his 2 goals won’t attract much interest if he’s ghe type of guy that spends half the time complaining and the other half injured.

There’s a good market for him RN and if I was Buffalo I wouldn’t start the season with him in the lineup

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I wouldn't touch Eichel with a 10 foot pole. Such a whiny baby. $10M per season until 25/26. Good luck with that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Playoffs apparently start Saturday. Boston / Washington should be a good series! Put Matrix in net and ya can't lose, Capitals!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum