GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Leafs acquired Nick Foligno from Columbus for Tor 1st in 2021 and second 2022
Also get Stephan Noesen from SJ for 2021 4th round

Toronto only pays 25% of Foligno's salary with Jackets/Sharks picking up the other 75% (I *think* 50% to Columbus and 25% to San Jose). So the Sharks pay 25% of Foligno's salary for a 4th and Noesen. That's not gonna move the needle.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Taylor Hall traded for less than Nick Foligno. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I really like the Foligno add for Toronto.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I had no idea Freddy Claesson was still in the league, but he got traded from the Sharks to the Lightning today.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I had no idea Freddy Claesson was still in the league, but he got traded from the Sharks to the Lightning today.

I wonder if Hedman is trying to get his buddy a cup

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vancouver still not ready to play; three additional games have been postponed.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Vancouver still not ready to play; three additional games have been postponed.

It's hilarious because the league says the plan is for Vancouver to still play all 56 games. Given that the playoff positions are being done on points %, I don't see the point.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They can start the North division playoffs late, but I agree, at this point wait another week and let them play out however many games they can before the regular end of the season on a normal schedule, ie: 3-4 games a week not 5 games a week.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Vancouver still not ready to play; three additional games have been postponed.

It's hilarious because the league says the plan is for Vancouver to still play all 56 games.  Given that the playoff positions are being done on points %, I don't see the point.

Why do you say that? If they play all games, then the playoffs would not be based on points %.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just seems dumb in the middle of the worst wave of COVID to try to make up all their games...especially when they're not a playoff team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Just seems dumb in the middle of the worst wave of COVID to try to make up all their games...especially when they're not a playoff team.

I’m not disagreeing with that, just was wondering if you read or heard that they are for sure going to use points percentage.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Just seems dumb in the middle of the worst wave of COVID to try to make up all their games...especially when they're not a playoff team.

I’m not disagreeing with that, just was wondering if you read or heard that they are for sure going to use points percentage.

That was what I heard near the beginning of the season since the assumption was that not all the teams would be able to get in all their games due to COVID.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They owe the broadcasters 56 games. It's a mighty decision. They may well reschedule games between non-playoff teams to finish while the first round is being played. It still matters for lottery odds. I'll be watching.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:They owe the broadcasters 56 games. It's a mighty decision. They may well reschedule games between non-playoff teams to finish while the first round is being played. It still matters for lottery odds. I'll be watching.

You'll be watching meaningless rescheduled Vancouver Canucks games?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If they’re sens games I’ll watch. Literally haven’t watched hockey otherwise

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hells yeah I'll be watching.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

How bout them Leafs. Back to back losses against the Covid Canucks. Last night they blew a 3-2 period lead. Talk about stumbling into the playoffs. Here's to hoping one of Winnipeg or Edmonton pass them so they don't have any easy ride against montreal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How bout them Leafs. Back to back losses against the Covid Canucks. Last night they blew a 3-2 period lead. Talk about stumbling into the playoffs. Here's to hoping one of Winnipeg or Edmonton pass them so they don't have any easy ride against montreal.

There is definite appeal in seeing Montreal/Toronto first round of the playoffs, but yeah, it would probably just be a smurf stomp for the Leafs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How bout them Leafs. Back to back losses against the Covid Canucks. Last night they blew a 3-2 period lead. Talk about stumbling into the playoffs. Here's to hoping one of Winnipeg or Edmonton pass them so they don't have any easy ride against montreal.

There is definite appeal in seeing Montreal/Toronto first round of the playoffs, but yeah, it would probably just be a smurf stomp for the Leafs.

I think so too. Especially with Gallagher and Price injured. Going to be a stomping

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum