GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
I went to bed at 3-1. Happy to see the Sens didn't completely blow it. But did Brannstrom only play 5 minutes last night or is my Score app not working? That's insane. May as well send him down to Belleville if this is the case.

Nice to see Dzingel fitting in well here. Will be interesting to see what the Sens do with him. If he keeps producing it wouldn't be the worst thing to keep him. In a perfect world we would have a 4th line of Dzingel-Tierney-C.Brown next year which would be one of the better 4th lines in the league. I'd leave Watson exposed or buy him out. Aside from blocking shots he hasn't really done much that would warrant giving him a roster spot over anyone else right now and buying him out costs the franchise virtually nothing.

I guess the game later this week against Toronto will be very telling for what happens with Logan Brown. If he's not called up and playing in that game I think the Sens will look to move him. With Pinto, Greig, Paul and Stutzle in the center pipeline, and I'd even argue that Tkachuk can play center if needed, he's redundant and I am not sure what I would expect back from him. An interesting option would be Liam Foudy IMO. Columbus needs a center and has a trade history with Ottawa. I can't help but feel he'll become our Joe Colborne. Mid 1st rd pick, big center, just can't make it in the NHL. May as well salvage something for him at this point.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Don't forget Paul is a center as well. Right now probably our best player at that position.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Didn't watch any of the game last night but looking at the box score the refs must have had some money on the Flames. You telling me a tired team, having played in Edmonton the night before, down 3-1 doesn't grab and hold? Taking it the fighting majors the minors were 10-3!

Last edited by wprager on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
So how about that Joey D'Accord. Is he living up to what I told you he would be, ie: better than Hogberg and someone we should make sure is part of our future?

He may be 0-2 but he has a 2.71 GAA and .913 save percentage.

For reference, Murray has a 3.66 GAA and .855 save percentage while Hogberg has a 4.34 GAA and .859 save percentage.

Sure the sample size is small, but 34 saves against a high-powered Oilers offense at home isn't easy. Especially in a back-to-back situation where the Sens only played 5 d-men the night before. Gritty effort.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Joey has good upside, and the Sens considered him a part of their future giving him a one way deal in 22/23. The question is if he is good enough to protect in the expansion draft, which I would say no right now, but will have to see him more this season. It all depends on the other goalies available in the draft. I haven't studied that and don't plan on doing so, so I don't know.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Didn't watch any of the game last night but looking at the box score the refs must have had some money on the Flames. You trying me a tired team, having played in Edmonton the night before, down 3-1 doesn't grab and hold? Taking it the fighting majors the minors were 10-3!

I love this. You didn't watch any of the game, but you're still gonna complain about the refereeing! Well done!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Joey has good upside, and the Sens considered him a part of their future giving him a one way deal in 22/23. The question is if he is good enough to protect in the expansion draft, which I would say no right now, but will have to see him more this season. It all depends on the other goalies available in the draft. I haven't studied that and don't plan on doing so, so I don't know.

Well when you think of teams like Columbus, Dallas, Montreal, Carolina and NYR that have two if not three legitimate goalies in their system, the chances of D'Accord being picked up is a lot slimmer, but I would 100 times out of 100 protect D'Accord over Murray. Guy is making $6M a year and is looking like Martin Gerber out there (ie, not very good). The risk of Seattle taking Murray is virtually zero. My guess is they take someone like Tierney, Brown, Abramov or Watson considering we don't have a lot of players eligible to be taken

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yep, agreed on protecting D'Accord over Murray, assuming Murray doesn't go on a real hot streak to end the year. I can't see Murray being claimed, and if by some miracle he did, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Yep, agreed on protecting D'Accord over Murray, assuming Murray doesn't go on a real hot streak to end the year.  I can't see Murray being claimed, and if by some miracle he did, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Exactly. It's like not protecting Bobby Ryan for the Vegas expansion draft. No point.

I never did understand the Murray signing. I was happy when ir happened, but we should have looked for a stop gap for a year or two or gone after someone out of NYR or Columbus. Spencer Knight would have been my dream but he's still years away. I get the need of solidifying your goaltending but I had watched D'Accord closely and listened to him in interviews. He's a guy you want on your team. And Murray's numbers didn't add up to the contract he got.

I won't call this bad asset management. It was a gamble that right now isn't looking great but isn't looking terrible. We'll know in another season or two.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Joey has good upside, and the Sens considered him a part of their future giving him a one way deal in 22/23. The question is if he is good enough to protect in the expansion draft, which I would say no right now, but will have to see him more this season. It all depends on the other goalies available in the draft. I haven't studied that and don't plan on doing so, so I don't know.

Oh, calm the eff down. I came clean saying I didn't watch it, but I also saw PTFlea complaining about the reffing, and I followed enough of the game on twitter to know a few others (including DJ) questioning the men in stripes.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:

Oh, calm the eff down.  I came clean saying I didn't watch it, but I also saw PTFlea complaining about the reffing, and I followed enough of the game on twitter to know a few others (including DJ) questioning the men in stripes.  

What I do

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Way to go Ev, ya big jerk.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Way to go Ev, ya big jerk.

??? what happened ???

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

??? what happened ???

I dunno, but Walter told him to calm the eff down. Laughing3

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:

??? what happened ???

I'm with Walter. Calm the eff down, Ev Dammit!

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
tim1_2 wrote:

??? what happened ???

I'm with Walter. Calm the eff down, Ev Dammit!

What a crap show, everyone calm the eff down!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This game is bad. I opened the Tv and it was already 0-4. It hasn’t gotten much better except a save here and there.

Why am I still watching.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:This game is bad. I opened the Tv and it was already 0-4. It hasn’t gotten much better except a save here and there.

Why am I still watching.

I turned it on for literally 2 minutes. It was 6-0 and the Sens only had 6 shots.

Was this one on Murray or was it a complete team collapse? From the boxscore it looked like Edmonton scored in bunches and the game was over within the first 5 minutes. Also heard Colin White fell into the boards awkwardly. I wonder if this means Logan Brown is going to be called up but I think he's injured (again?).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum