GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:That was my favorite player. His #61 is my birth year. That was going to be my first numbered/named jersey. F***!

I debated between a Turris and a Stone jersey, and ended up with Turris. Turns out there was no right answer.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Funny. I was going to get a Karlsson jersey years ago thinking he's be a lifer

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My advice is obvious: don't do it until they sign an 8 year package. It just doesn't happen much in Ottawa.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Watching Gudbranson play 33% of his games against McDavid and Matthews is going to be hilarious. Worth another 4th rounder just for the laughs. I’m sure next year when we are one of the best teams in the league, Gudbranson will be a rock from everything he learns this year. Most vets are able to evolve and completely transform their game from one season to the next.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Funny. I was going to get a Karlsson jersey years ago thinking he's be a lifer

Yep, got one of my kids a Karlsson jersey after he signed his deal, and then had to explain to her that the sadness she felt when Karlsson got traded is entirely normal for being a Sens fan (and a sports fan in general really).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not really anything interesting here, the stage is set for another tank job:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/dorion-on-expectations-for-sens-this-season-we-ve-got-to-take-a-huge-step-forward~2118419

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Not really anything interesting here, the stage is set for another tank job:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/dorion-on-expectations-for-sens-this-season-we-ve-got-to-take-a-huge-step-forward~2118419

Lol, yeah, I have a feeling.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Game day!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It'll be interest to see how the broadcast from the CTC looks with no fans...I haven't watched a game yet this season, but I heard complaints about advertising on the glass. I'll have to see it for myself.

It's also crazy to look at our roster and how much (again) it has changed. I don't like our chances against a very good Toronto team that also has a game under their belts now, but it's cool to have hockey to watch at least.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:It'll be interest to see how the broadcast from the CTC looks with no fans...I haven't watched a game yet this season, but I heard complaints about advertising on the glass.  I'll have to see it for myself.

It's also crazy to look at our roster and how much (again) it has changed.  I don't like our chances against a very good Toronto team that also has a game under their belts now, but it's cool to have hockey to watch at least.  

I'm not sure why the Sens, who were the only team from the North division not to play in last years 24 team playin, is the last team to get started.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It'll be interest to see how the broadcast from the CTC looks with no fans...I haven't watched a game yet this season, but I heard complaints about advertising on the glass.  I'll have to see it for myself.

It's also crazy to look at our roster and how much (again) it has changed.  I don't like our chances against a very good Toronto team that also has a game under their belts now, but it's cool to have hockey to watch at least.  

I'm not sure why the Sens, who were the only team from the North division not to play in last years 24 team playin, is the last team to get started.

Technically Dallas and Florida are the last now!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:

Yeah, the scheduling was weird, but when you have to build this type of schedule, there will be lots of oddities. I enjoy the fact that there's lots of "mini-series" with teams...there's tons of instances of us playing the same team multiple times in a row. Should help build rivalries and nasty hockey.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m super psyched for tonight! Hopefully we can win one of those two games.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For betting purposes, I'd take Toronto tonight and Ottawa tomorrow. What a Cussing weekend it's gonna be with 4 NFL playoff games and a whole bunch of hockey. Feels good.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

No one's doing a gameday thread?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:For betting purposes, I'd take Toronto tonight and Ottawa tomorrow. What a Cussing weekend it's gonna be with 4 NFL playoff games and a whole bunch of hockey. Feels good.

I bet on Ottawa tonight. Sorry.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:For betting purposes, I'd take Toronto tonight and Ottawa tomorrow.  What a Cussing weekend it's gonna be with 4 NFL playoff games and a whole bunch of hockey.  Feels good.

I bet on Ottawa tonight. Sorry.

The odds were good, I don't blame you. I just think that Toronto had the benefit of getting a game of experience in, whereas Ottawa has never iced anything close to this roster in a game before.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:No one's doing a gameday thread?

I think we gave those up two seasons ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum