GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 37]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:So they sent Brown to the AHL which doesn't start for 25 days instead of putting him on the taxi squad?  That's the middle finger sent right there.
Im telling you, his value is way down and I’m not surprised either. He’s waiver exempt.

The best we can expect with him is he figures it out and adds a Level of intensity and speed to his game or is packaged for an upgrade. I’ll be annoyed as hell if all we get for him is a 2nd rounder or equivalent.

I mentioned there were a lot of question marks about his game when we drafted him and there were better players to grab but what do I know, I’m not a scout.

Smith seems to absolutely despise guys that play without intensity. Jaros, Balcers, Brown...they were not his type I guess.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:So they sent Brown to the AHL which doesn't start for 25 days instead of putting him on the taxi squad?  That's the middle finger sent right there.
Im telling you, his value is way down and I’m not surprised either. He’s waiver exempt.

The best we can expect with him is he figures it out and adds a Level of intensity and speed to his game or is packaged for an upgrade. I’ll be annoyed as hell if all we get for him is a 2nd rounder or equivalent.

I mentioned there were a lot of question marks about his game when we drafted him and there were better players to grab but what do I know, I’m not a scout.

Smith seems to absolutely despise guys that play without intensity.  Jaros, Balcers, Brown...they were not his type I guess.

I don't think that's an issue with Jaros. He is just a bottom pair tweener type. Similar to Claesson back in the day.

Brown will be back eventually. Belleville should have a great season in the Canadian division.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:

I had to laugh at this. Deadly accurate with so much funny infused as well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Meh, some mid-first rounders pan out, some don't. If Brown starts tearing up the AHL, I'm sure we see him with another shot with the big club. Luckily, our team's success and future success does not depend on him.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Meh, some mid-first rounders pan out, some don't.  If Brown starts tearing up the AHL, I'm sure we see him with another shot with the big club.  Luckily, our team's success and future success does not depend on him.

That’s a great way to minimize ones own role and responsibility in prospect development.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Meh, some mid-first rounders pan out, some don't.  If Brown starts tearing up the AHL, I'm sure we see him with another shot with the big club.  Luckily, our team's success and future success does not depend on him.

Pretty much. He's had the equivalent to a year or so in the AHL, then injuries have interrupted it basically every year. Go down, work with Mann, be a huge player and wait for the call that will inevitably come. For goodness sake though, listen to what Smith had to say to you, because like it or not, he holds the key to the future for him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned but the Sens taxi squad appears to be:

Zub
Aspirot
Daccord
Chlapik
Haley
Peca

Not sure I agree with this whatsoever especially at the expense of losing Balcers for nothing. Why the hell are they keeping Peca or Haley around over Balcers?

They were all waived (the ones who weren't waiver-exempt). Only Balcers got picked. If San Jose didn't grab him he would likely have remained on the Taxi Squad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is that confirmed? With the AHL team playing in the same building they may well be training with the team (or at least with the taxi squad guys). But as far as the start dates I didn't think that was set in stone yet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:

Is that confirmed?  With the AHL team playing in the same building they may well be training with the team (or at least with the taxi squad guys).  But as far as the start dates I didn't think that was set in stone yet.

Someone said 25 days, no one's sure of anything anymore really. We'll find out the start date soon enough, I would assume.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Brown lost two years of development to injuries, he had that incident with his agent which prompted him to switch. He's running out of runway but I don't necessarily that they must trade him RFN. At the deadline they will get rid of all the UFA vets and guys like him and Balcers Chlapik and Formenton will get reps with the big club.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Stone gets the 'C' in Vegas. I officially hate them, now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Stone gets the 'C' in Vegas.  I officially hate them, now.

Wrong thread, but yeah. Out of all the trades and roster moves that have been made in the past few years, that Stone one hurts the most.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:

Wrong thread, but yeah.  Out of all the trades and roster moves that have been made in the past few years, that Stone one hurts the most.  

Wrong how? Present and *past*.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:

Wrong thread, but yeah.  Out of all the trades and roster moves that have been made in the past few years, that Stone one hurts the most.  

Im happy for him.gets the recognition of being a real leader and I’m sure he will do well there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That was my favorite player. His #61 is my birth year. That was going to be my first numbered/named jersey. F***!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:That was my favorite player. His #61 is my birth year. That was going to be my first numbered/named jersey. F***!

I debated between a Turris and a Stone jersey, and ended up with Turris. Turns out there was no right answer.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Funny. I was going to get a Karlsson jersey years ago thinking he's be a lifer

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
My advice is obvious: don't do it until they sign an 8 year package. It just doesn't happen much in Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum