GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 37]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Another guy killing it - again in a lesser league, is Balcers.  Scored in 5 straight and 15 points in 10 games.  I think it's more of a story if he's not scoring, but still impressive.

It’s a tough league to watch. Zero 2021 eligibles and only Bjørgvik Holm from this year. Columbus took him in the 6th I think.

Yeah, it's not a great league apparently. Still, they have to get their reps.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Kevin Klevin cut from the USA WJHC roster. Brad Schlossman spoke about Klevin on the Locked On Sens Podcast. Said he has a very unique mix of skills and if he can put it together would have been a first rd pick. Mainly spoke about his toughness and how people feared him on the ice.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Kevin Klevin cut from the USA WJHC roster. Brad Schlossman spoke about Klevin on the Locked On Sens Podcast. Said he has a very unique mix of skills and if he can put it together would have been a first rd pick. Mainly spoke about his toughness and how people feared him on the ice.

On a very uninspiring US squad, Kleven still wasn’t good enough. Him putting it together will be difficult since I imagine he still struggles with toddler animal puzzles. He’s very limited when it comes to IQ both on and off the ice. But that’s just beating a dead horse. He was one of the worst interviews on many teams list. Some didn’t even bother talking to him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Kevin Klevin cut from the USA WJHC roster. Brad Schlossman spoke about Klevin on the Locked On Sens Podcast. Said he has a very unique mix of skills and if he can put it together would have been a first rd pick. Mainly spoke about his toughness and how people feared him on the ice.

On a very uninspiring US squad, Kleven still wasn’t good enough. Him putting it together will be difficult since I imagine he still struggles with toddler animal puzzles. He’s very limited when it comes to IQ both on and off the ice. But that’s just beating a dead horse. He was one of the worst interviews on many teams list. Some didn’t even bother talking to him.

That's why he's Kevin Klevin. Keep things easy for him.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
No way was I going to argue with you. My signature speaks for itself.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Anyway, the WJ’s is a high-skill tournament. It is meant for top prospects, 19-yo’s and players worth moving up in previous drafts for. It isn’t meant for the Kleven’s of the hockey world.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Tychonik with a pretty terrible first game for Omaha. But he's been off for a long time, so fingers crossed he gets it together.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Tychonik with a pretty terrible first game for Omaha.  But he's been off for a long time, so fingers crossed he gets it together.

It feels like he's dropped off the board in terms of probability of making it.
He might not even get a contract.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/70/98/99/dde15c10.jpg

Have you guys ever seen this design?
Anyone has any history on it? Just came across it on the web

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/70/98/99/dde15c10.jpg

Have you guys ever seen this design?
Anyone has any history on it? Just came across it on the web

I’ve seen it before. Just a fake design.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I can’t think of one Canadian team that the Sens can beat more often than not. They are in for a long, shortened season. An all-Canadian division is the worst thing to happen to the Sens since the last worst thing.

Can they get 40 points in 56 games? I think so. Not much more though. 48 max

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's a great thing. Another high pick and we can work against some of the better teams.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
A high pick in a defenseman heavy draft. ugh

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
First mock draft I saw (things will obviously change):

1. Owen Power, D
2. Brandt Clarke, D
3. Carson Lambos, D
4. Simon Edvinsson, D
5. Kent Johnson, C
6. Dylan Guenther, RW
7. Matt Beniers, C
8. Jesper Wallstedt (unlikely), G
9. Chaz Lucius (great name), C
10. Aatu Raty, C

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:A high pick in a defenseman heavy draft. ugh

Then you trade pieces. It's leverage going into the first year of the window opening.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:

Then you trade pieces.  It's leverage going into the first year of the window opening.

If you are going to trade pieces already, wouldn’t it have been cool if we took BPA to maximize trade return when we go after pieces and positions we need?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If only there was some way to look ahead and evaluate your team and the draft class 9 months into the future.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
But I don’t doubt the Sens pass on all the elite D and will take Johnson or Räty based on scouting reports from when they drafted Lassi Thomson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum