GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 37]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Sokolov was interviewed on Locked in Sens last week, I think. Given that, 2 years ago he and Batherson communicated via Google Translate his English was fantastic. He may turn a few heads at camp.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
I don’t Twitter much, but why is Ottawa Twitter just now realizing that the Isles and Bolts are in cap trouble. Maybe I follow the wrong Ottawa people? They are also just now realizing that Watson, Brown and Gudbranson were atrocious before but especially now when they are potentially blocking spots in any deal with these two clubs. So maybe they aren’t the wrong Ottawa people after all.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Sokolov was interviewed on Locked in Sens last week, I think. Given that, 2 years ago he and Batherson communicated via Google Translate his English was fantastic. He may turn a few heads at camp.

He’s intriguing for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:I don’t Twitter much, but why is Ottawa Twitter just now realizing that the Isles and Bolts are in cap trouble. Maybe I follow the wrong Ottawa people? They are also just now realizing that Watson, Brown and Gudbranson were atrocious before but especially now when they are potentially blocking spots in any deal with these two clubs. So maybe they aren’t the wrong Ottawa people after all.

Those tiny signings and acquisitions block exactly nothing.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
They definitely block roster spaces but they're insignificant especially in a shortened season. Even if we get say 40-50 games, next year we won't have Reilly, Gudbranson (probably), Anisimov, Galchenyuk, Hogberg + so who really cares. If we have J. Brown for a year while Lassi/JBD figure it out next season or Watson occupying a 4th line role for two more years then who cares.

IMO anyone not named Batherson or L.Brown should be sent back to Belleville this year. Let them finish what they started, give L. Brown a legit shot in the NHL, Batherson some time on L3, and I'd be starting Stutzle in the NHL and if he can't keep up send him down.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Tkachuk-Tierney-Dadonov
C.Brown-L.Brown-White
Galchenyuk-Chlapik-Batherson
Paul-Anisimov-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Reilly-J.Brown

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Tkachuk-Tierney-Dadonov
C.Brown-L.Brown-White
Paul-Anisimov-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Reilly-J.Brown

That's probably about right, although...what does norris have to prove? Still...why not

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Tkachuk-Tierney-Dadonov
C.Brown-L.Brown-White
Paul-Anisimov-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Reilly-J.Brown

I was high on Chlapik from the start but it's looking like he's been supplanted by Balcers. Only one of them will likely be here next season and I think it will be Balcers. Galchenuyk is unlikely to be here next season, either; maybe but even past the deadline this season.

So I would seriously question putting Batherson with two players not in the team's long term plans.

Gudbranson on the tip pairing?

Where's Norris? Brannstrom? Balcers? Stützle?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oh yeah, Brannstrom looks good. He's about there

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Wake up on the other side of the bed Dorion and go get Cernak. Swallow the non-existent pride you have. TBay is Cussed. In order to sign Cernak and Cirelli, they will need to part with 2 of Palat, Johnson, Gourde and Killorn. That just adds another wrinkle though as all 4 have trade clauses. One of Cirelli and Cernak won’t be in Tampa next year I’d imagine.

Cernak and Gourde would be nice for Ottawa. Cernak and Johnson meh. Cernak and Coleman yes please but not happening for Ottawa.

All these give the Bolts room to sign Cirelli without really having to make another complicated move. Bye Paquette.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Guenette really hitting his stride, albeit as a 19 year old, in the Q. 16 points in 15 games so far (5 goals). Right handed D.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Another guy killing it - again in a lesser league, is Balcers. Scored in 5 straight and 15 points in 10 games. I think it's more of a story if he's not scoring, but still impressive.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Another guy killing it - again in a lesser league, is Balcers.  Scored in 5 straight and 15 points in 10 games.  I think it's more of a story if he's not scoring, but still impressive.

Yeah, nice to see him having success.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Another guy killing it - again in a lesser league, is Balcers.  Scored in 5 straight and 15 points in 10 games.  I think it's more of a story if he's not scoring, but still impressive.

It’s a tough league to watch. Zero 2021 eligibles and only Bjørgvik Holm from this year. Columbus took him in the 6th I think.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Guenette really hitting his stride, albeit as a 19 year old, in the Q.  16 points in 15 games so far (5 goals).  Right handed D.

His skating still has a long way to go. There isn’t much to his package game yet which is translatable.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:

It’s a tough league to watch. Zero 2021 eligibles and only Bjørgvik Holm from this year. Columbus took him in the 6th I think.

Yeah, it's not a great league apparently. Still, they have to get their reps.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Kevin Klevin cut from the USA WJHC roster. Brad Schlossman spoke about Klevin on the Locked On Sens Podcast. Said he has a very unique mix of skills and if he can put it together would have been a first rd pick. Mainly spoke about his toughness and how people feared him on the ice.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Kevin Klevin cut from the USA WJHC roster. Brad Schlossman spoke about Klevin on the Locked On Sens Podcast. Said he has a very unique mix of skills and if he can put it together would have been a first rd pick. Mainly spoke about his toughness and how people feared him on the ice.

On a very uninspiring US squad, Kleven still wasn’t good enough. Him putting it together will be difficult since I imagine he still struggles with toddler animal puzzles. He’s very limited when it comes to IQ both on and off the ice. But that’s just beating a dead horse. He was one of the worst interviews on many teams list. Some didn’t even bother talking to him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum